Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids in the bedroom

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 6:44 PM
  • 112 Replies
Does you allow kids in your bedroom? I allow my kids in my room WITH ME. They cannot hang in there alone.

What's your room rule?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampHarris
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Same as you. They can go in our room if one of us is in there and they've been asked to come in. Our room is our private space. They certainly can't "hang out" in it. They've got plenty of other rooms to hang out in.

It's for their own good really... Mommy and daddy have things in their room that they really don't want to see, lol.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM
6 moms liked this

I does.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM
Our kids are welcome in our room so long as they knock first.

All of our kids share bedrooms, so if either of the big kids need alone time from the little kids they can hang out in our room playing on their tablets or reading. They just ask first.
fedupmama
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM
Is English your 2nd language?
joshsgirl12
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Same as you only when I am in there and I tell them its ok

reynab27
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM
My room they have there own with there own bed so...no need to be in mine unless asked first.
knoxmomof2
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:14 PM

We homeschool, I run a home daycare... the place is pretty laid back during the day. They like to go in and work in our bed sometimes or chill out after my workday is over. I do, however, expect them to ask to go into our room first. Boundaries are important. 

findingpeace201
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Yes. I agree. Years ago ss used to follow DH everywhere. I finally said he needs to chill with him in his room

Quoting reynab27: My room they have there own with there own bed so...no need to be in mine unless asked first.
CometGirl
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:21 PM

None of my kids ever wanted to be in my bedroom.  I guess it isn't a very exciting room!

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this

The only bedroom rule we have is that the kids must ask to go into each others rooms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)