Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for a little help

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
My name is Cheri. I am from Kentucky. I have a wonderul 15 year old daughter. I have not always seen eye to eye with her stepmother due to my own selfish issues. She is wonderful to my daughter and loves her very much. I want to do something very special for her this mother's day to show her How much I appreciate her in our lives. I have searched everywhere on the internet for a poem from a mom to stepmother but have had no luck. Can anyone help me please
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mich_Stepmom
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:33 PM
5 moms liked this

Cheri, I don't know of any poems or cards that are catered to that idea, but as a stepmom, I just wanted to say to you how much that will mean to her that you do something like that. 

That's the sweetest gesture. I would be blown away if my husband's ex-wife acknowledged me as a good stepmom to their kids. I wish you the best of luck in your search! Maybe just a mother's day card with a nice message in it from you explaining how you appreciate all that she does a stepmom do your daughter, etc. ?

6isus
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Make it simple and sweet! Just like your post! Otherwise you may make her feel uncomfortable since you admit to previous negative feelings. What a thoughtful and impressive gesture. No matter what... As long as it's genuine and from your heart... It will be nice.

The BM to my SKIDS isn't as mature as you. If she were indifferent with me... I'd be in heaven. I hate all the nasty hostility. It appears that's all she is capable of.
tottaxi
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I found this...an open letter from a mother to her daughter's stepmother.  Maybe you could do something like this:

https://womenwithworth.wordpress.com/2014/11/30/a-open-letter-to-my-daughters-stepmom/

bonusmomoftwo
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats really sweet of you. Im sure the words wont matter so much as the gesture.

luckyinlife
by on May. 7, 2015 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
They sell cards for SMs.
cheri97
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to thank all of u for ur comments. The two of us have really been getting along and like I said she loves and adores my daughter. What more could a mother ask from anyone
cdrainey3
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:50 PM
That's sweet of you! I would just say a few words from the heart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)