Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since we have already covered the other two

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

Dad and SM overstepping???

***Briterican***

by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Just as mom cannot overstep I do not think dad can overstep.

SM however, told people that my son was her daughters twin....major over step.

BHLF4
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That's just weird

Quoting soonergirl980:

XXanonymousXX
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:41 PM
I'm team Dad/SM, no bios of my own, so I'M not necessarily objective. Because, you know, Dad and I are awesome. :)

But honestly, we try really hard not to overstep. It's a conscious effort we make in our daily lives with SD. I'm sure we do things that piss BM off and everyone doesn't always agree. But considering BM was a major overstepper (outside of SD situations) and DH had to put ALOT of effort into enforcing boundaries, it's kind of at the forefront of our decision making process. Because as soon as one of us oversteps we run the risk of BM going back to free-for-all mode.
Shabby_Chic
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM

I think SPs can overstep with other people's children. I feel that a parent can overstep only in extenuating circumstances such as they are absent or mostly absent and try to run things without knowing what is going on. 

I don't think involved parents can overstep where a SP is concerned no matter what the SP thinks except in those extenuating circumstances that were mentioned. I don't think they can overstep the other parent when both are involved, however they can undermine, or attempt to do so. When you're equals I don't think you can overstep. When you're not equals, you can. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:47 PM

I have never overstepped, there is no reason I would need to, and our lives are so separate that there is no danger of even accidentally overstepping.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:56 PM

weird...crazy...same thing

thats probably the most crazy thing when friends of mutal friends question you about why their "friends" son is calling you mom when you are introduced it's a little crazy

but the mental health in the family isn't exactly stellar. Yesterday my sons half sister (his supposed twin) contacted him threatening suicide. He told me I passed it on to her mother (sons ex-sm) I got an "OK" as a reply. Just "OK".

Quoting BHLF4: That's just weird
Quoting soonergirl980:

***Briterican***

Rocker.Mom.07
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:33 PM

~shrug~ I'm sure anything I do, say, not do, etc to/with SD is overstepping to BM. I assume just giving SD a hug is overstepping.
DH is the calm, laid back one, doesn't make a fuss (when he probably should) out of the two. He lets BM get away with a lot.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
SO will get ruffled if any of BM's penises try to participate w the skids.

codysara
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 2:13 AM
Sm.. (girlfriend of 6 months at the time) introduced my son as hers in front of me at my son's first baseball practice to another mom asking who her kid was on the team. Lol.. I corrected that fast..
whatIknownow
by on Sep. 26, 2015 at 6:54 AM

I can't think of a time when my Ex or his wife have ever overstepped. 

For a while, my Ex was coming in our house and hanging out with DS-then-10 or so, for an hour or so at a time. They'd be downstairs playing videogames. My DH said "why is he in our house??" and so, I asked Ex not to do that anymore. I felt bad asking him not to do that anymore but I had to respect DH's feelings, since it is his house. I wouldn't want BM coming and hanging out here so I understand why DH didn't want Ex here. It hurt Ex's feelings when I told he he couldn't do it anymore. I wish I could have let it continue. I wish DH had been ok with it because i think it was good for DS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)