Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not at all what I wanted

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
I dread making this post because the last thing I want is bashing on my birthday but every now and then I get some constructive advice which I need tonight.
As some of you all know sd hasn't seen or heard from bm for 2 almost 3 months and the last occasion wasn't the nicest of events for sd.
Last night I was setting in the living room crocheting Christmas gifts the tv was on just for background noise I wasn't even paying attention to what was on the tv. (Dh isn't much about hiding things from the tv like show and what not. I try though.) Teen mom was on so when sd came in the living room to watch TV I gladly gave her the remote.
When she went to guide to change it the screen shrunk and you could still hear it. One of the little girls on teen mom said I wish my real dad acted like him. I heard but was tuning it out. Sd stopped flipping the channels and put her hand on my hook to stop me.
She looked at me dead serious with big eyes and said that little girl makes me sad because I wish my real mom acted like this.
I said what do you mean? Do you mean you wish she crocheted maybe I can teach you and you can teach her sometime.
She said no I mean acted like she wants me around. I said babe u just think she's very confused right now give her time and she will come around.
I hugged her and said I'm always here for you.
Did I do the right thing? The kids never wants a hug. (Sensory issues and autism) So I was in shock when she not only allowed it but squeezed back!
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diva-Mami
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
I think you did. Its hard to know what tonsau sometimes. Leaving a chance for bm to come around is a great option and letting her know she is still loved.
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My heart always hurts for her.
CBusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Mine too. Even more so when she hugs like that.

Quoting tiafez: My heart always hurts for her.
AM1011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Aw poor kid. I think that's probably the best thing you could say
aheasley
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM
You did great!
SammysMomma
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:35 PM
You did good. Poor girl. Heart breaks for her.
pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:58 PM
What is DH doing to foster a relationship with mom? Curious.

Where is your husband period?
CBusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:29 AM
At that point he was at work! He has tried calling bm quite a few times she asked him to stop said she was not ready to be kind of mother sd needs right now and she needed to focus on some other aspects of her life.
He tried.

Quoting pusheen-kitty: What is DH doing to foster a relationship with mom? Curious.

Where is your husband period?
TAG_ur_it
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:32 AM

Poor thing... I think you handled it just right. 

codysara
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Bs.. you loved it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)