Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disrespectful lying stealing SD

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:43 PM
  • 31 Replies
So I just went off on my SD. I have put up with her taking my stuff without permission and then lying about it when I catch her and then making me feel like crap until I apologize for her mistakes. It's like she can't take responsibility for her actions. I am so tired of the manipulation and deceit. Plus I have two more kids to raise and the 12 year old is already starting to act like her.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I bet Dad came down hard on her too. 

PandaAngelFaith
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Here's the tyinh... he did and it doesn't do any good. We have her in therapy and I have been there for all her crazy antics... even putting my daughter on the back burner because the SD needs more attention. I am just done with it all
jeepasaurusrex
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Attention seeking maybe? Any diagnosis?
jpickens
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM
How is she manipulating you to apologize to her? What does the therapist say?
PandaAngelFaith
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM
She is going to therapy right now and I am supposed to be the single support person she has. I am just done....
jpickens
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't do that. That is gonna be hell for you to deal with. What are the therapist saying and why aren't her parents single support?

Quoting PandaAngelFaith: She is going to therapy right now and I am supposed to be the single support person she has. I am just done....
PandaAngelFaith
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:28 PM
The terapist just says she is doing it for attention from her dad. I just hate it that she avoids all consequences because she can hide behind her mental issues.
It's the fact that I am the only person she has to count on.... her dad doesn't deal with her because he is so disgusted with her. The mom died with the SD was 10
jpickens
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:34 PM
4 moms liked this
Ouch. That's the problem. She lost her mom and wants her Dad but he is pushing that responsibility on you. There are ways he can give her the attention she needs and handles the discipline issues. Making you do it is just gonna make it worse.

The way it now, not very fair to you or your SD.

Quoting PandaAngelFaith: The terapist just says she is doing it for attention from her dad. I just hate it that she avoids all consequences because she can hide behind her mental issues.
It's the fact that I am the only person she has to count on.... her dad doesn't deal with her because he is so disgusted with her. The mom died with the SD was 10
PandaAngelFaith
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Pretty much. I just want to know I am not crazy for snapping after 8 years of doing this...I just can't do it anymore. I have no more to give her
jpickens
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this
No you're not wrong for snapping but you should have snapped on him..not your SD.

Now is a good time to talk to Dad about raising his own kid. :-)

Quoting PandaAngelFaith: Pretty much. I just want to know I am not crazy for snapping after 8 years of doing this...I just can't do it anymore. I have no more to give her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)