• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good news❤️ and good news!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My sweet sweet love has cardiomyopathy and his cardiologist was worried for a while because of his low EF number. He wore a life vest for a hundred days last year and we prayed and worried and he took his Meds like a good patient. His heart number went up and we thought we were in the clear then it went back down and so we were worried again...he recently got the results of the detailed test and he is ok, not good, but not going to be on the heart transplant list.
BM is has been continuing to be clean and eager to rebuild her relationship with her daughter who lives full time with dad and I. One more Friday evening at the super strict supervised visit center. But to ease her into this transition we have made a few steps to lessen her fears.

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobear110
by Audra on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM

I'm happy to hear all of that but especially about your fiancé . 

Loveamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM
Thanks BooBear, he was my first love and we got back together 27 years later. He is my true love and I am so happy he is ok/ recheck every 6 months but we live for today and today he is ok. Hugs

quote name="Boobear110" id="0"]

I'm happy to hear all of that but especially about your fiancé . 

[/quote]
jpickens
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww happy for you. You're such a sweetie, you deserve good news. :-)
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM

I love good news!!!

happy

jpickens
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM
I love that smiley! So cute! 😍

Quoting tiafez:

I love good news!!!

happy

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:01 AM
That is excellent news about SO. I must ask if you are still planning on moving away from mom? Dad is quite ill, mom was but is recovering, wouldn't it be best for their child if she had a relationship with both parents?
Loveamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Yes our house is on the market and we are planning on moving south, with a lot of family. Our plan to move was prior to her getting her life together and she understands. She is welcome to move as well.

Quoting pdxmum: That is excellent news about SO. I must ask if you are still planning on moving away from mom? Dad is quite ill, mom was but is recovering, wouldn't it be best for their child if she had a relationship with both parents?
Loveamom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM
We went through all the proper channels to move and it was granted. My house is for sale. We are not moving to get away from mom. We really never thought she was going to get clean, 30 years of being a Heroin addict and 6 children she could not get clean for, the odds were not on her side. I am so proud of her for real. She is working hard and I believe children should have relationships with both parents, she was away 7 out of the 8 years of her life. BM said she would consider moving south in a local area.

quote name="pdxmum" id="0"] That is excellent news about SO. I must ask if you are still planning on moving away from mom? Dad is quite ill, mom was but is recovering, wouldn't it be best for their child if she had a relationship with both parents?[/quote]
AM1011
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Yay for good news!!
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:16 PM
But she is getting clean. Circumstances change.

I raised my daughters not to worry about laws and rules and proper channels. Those are right and needed but what is more important is the deeper question of Is this the right thing to do. They don't not steal because stealing is against the law, they don't steal because they respect someone else's property and morally it would be wrong to do so.

Yes, you went through the proper channels. You make sure to always remind me of that whenever I bring up this topic. I would ask that you forget those channels and think about what is best for your SOs daughter. Maybe it is moving away from mom. But make a better argument than you got permission from the judge.

Quoting Loveamom: We went through all the proper channels to move and it was granted. My house is for sale. We are not moving to get away from mom. We really never thought she was going to get clean, 30 years of being a Heroin addict and 6 children she could not get clean for, the odds were not on her side. I am so proud of her for real. She is working hard and I believe children should have relationships with both parents, she was away 7 out of the 8 years of her life. BM said she would consider moving south in a local area.

quote name="pdxmum" id="0"] That is excellent news about SO. I must ask if you are still planning on moving away from mom? Dad is quite ill, mom was but is recovering, wouldn't it be best for their child if she had a relationship with both parents?[/quote]
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)