Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get IRS Form 8332 from CP?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:27 PM
  • 21 Replies

In the past DF has had H&R handle his taxes simply to avoid having to deal with BM regarding the signature on form. Even with a tax preparer handling the communication with BM she would deliberately wait until the last possible day despite numerous phone calls and emails weeks beforehand.

This year we are opting to do our own taxes to avoid any paying a preparer (simple file). He has already sent her an email with the attachment. She replied she cannot print it off. He told her she can go to the library to obtain a form- she says not her responsibility. He sends her a certified letter with the form- she refuses it...

She is on a mega roll lately. We just go engaged last week so it has been one scathing email after another from her.She is creating situations that do not even exist just to pick an argument.

Recommendations from experience to get this form signed? Is it worth court?

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had to handle this but wanted to congratulate you!!! 

Congratulations congrats

JTROX
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM

I don't know.  We never had to use such a form.  It was court ordered who claimed who.  We didn't need bm's permission to do so.  That would be a big hassle to have to get, obviously.

JustMeNmine1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM

It is CO who gets to claim SS (alternating years) however the NCP still needs this form. IRS laws over rules DC. Yea- big hassle to say the least ;(

Quoting JTROX:

I don't know.  We never had to use such a form.  It was court ordered who claimed who.  We didn't need bm's permission to do so.  That would be a big hassle to have to get, obviously.

Mom22Minions
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Why does she even know about your engagement? These days the IRS doesn't care abut court orders and the CP gets to claim unless they have that form...have you called to see if she has already been claimed on BM's insurance? I would, and then if she hasn't, just claim, and not worry unless you are ASKED for the form

JustMeNmine1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! We are planning a backyard fall wedding (Sept 10th, 2016).

Quoting tiafez:

Congratulations congrats

JTROX
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Maybe that's a newer rule.  We never needed it, but my steps are adults now.  Thank goodness.  I love my steps, but glad they are grown and our relationship has no legal issues with it anymore, or bm issues.

Quoting JustMeNmine1:

It is CO who gets to claim SS (alternating years) however the NCP still needs this form. IRS laws over rules DC. Yea- big hassle to say the least ;(

Quoting JTROX:

minimoo
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Fall weddings are so pretty :-)

Quoting JustMeNmine1:

Thank you! We are planning a backyard fall wedding (Sept 10th, 2016).

Quoting tiafez:

Congratulations congrats

SammysMomma
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM
Are you efiling them?
JustMeNmine1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:28 PM

Yes

Quoting SammysMomma: Are you efiling them?

SammysMomma
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
They just efile. And send her paper in when she gets around to it.

Quoting JustMeNmine1:

Yes

Quoting SammysMomma: Are you efiling them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)