Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From what I have heard...bio moms typically dislike the bio mom but come on!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM
  • 29 Replies
It's just frustrating...I am sure alot of other step moms can relate. I feel like bio mom just hates me for no reason other than existing in her daughter's life😫 I never talk to her but my husband tells me what she and her mom say about me and it's so discouraging. I practice gentle parenting with my own bio kids and I NEVER discipline her. I am basicly a friend over here and we get along great, hardly ever have any problems at all. My husband has been fighting with his EX about custody and so I get to hear all the nasties they say about me...apparently I hurt my STEPDAUGHTERS feelings because I post more pics of my other 2 girls...a baby and a 3 yr old...well um yeah...I am a SAHM. I do monthly updates on our baby and 1st..like 1st teeth/steps/pigtails...ECT. My 3 yr old goes on platdates to the zoo, museum, ect we do a bunch of activities and she changes alot...my stepdaughter is only here 4 days a month!! This shouldn't even be an issue but they say it's proof my SD isn't as important to me, she is 8. Then...a while back we were having issues with Her demanding special food at each meal, I would make them to save the tears(fries, pizza, grilled cheese) but my toddler started wanting them and would cry...I mean of course she would want what her big sister has. We had a talk aboutz no longer getting special meals, but I would incorporate foods she liked and she threw a fit...that night after the kids went to bed my husband and I were taking about it and my SD started to listen in from the other room. She got upset because I said her attitude was bratty. She told her mom and now her mom doesn't want her around me. This was over a year ago. This moment and a time when I accidentally dropped her while playing 4 YEARS AGO!! are the ONLY THINGS she has on me. She talks about it all the time even brought our daughter's into it...She said my at the time 15 month old was abusive because she pulled her hair.😒 That was when she was trying to give reasons she didn't want to come over and shouldn't be forced. Just a coupe weeks ago she came into our house and told my husband during their fight "well at least I don't sit on my ass all day and do nothing like your F#%$ing wife!" When she herself has only worked maybe 5 years of her daughter's life. She WANTS to be a SAHM...SO why would she say that??? Ugh they are just really getting on my nerves, bringing me up when I am not even an issue...looks like I will be de-friending them on Facebook so I no longer hurt my SD feelings.....end rant..😂
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunnydays27
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM
LOL...Just noticed my typo....I meant step mom...
Bio mom's typically don't like stepmoms😂
whatIknownow
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell your DH that you don't want to hear what his ex wife is saying about you. Then just go about your business and stop thinking about her.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM
You can edit the title.

Quoting sunnydays27: LOL...Just noticed my typo....I meant step mom...
Bio mom's typically don't like stepmoms😂
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Your hubby is doing you a wrong by telling you that crap. Tell him to stop. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it goes both ways both women tend to have a natural dislike or suspicion about the other, even if it is just initially.
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:20 PM
7 moms liked this

and you should never have friended his ex and her mom in the first place. go unfriend them now. I'll wait....

.... did you do it? feels better huh?

shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Don't give her he time of day any longer. Tell your dh you don't care what they say anymore. She's no longer apart of your life or your thoughts. If she wants to keep you in her head then that's her problem.
KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I think some of the things you said any Mom would have a right to question.

But if you want all the drama to stop you tell your DH that you no longer want to hear anything that is said about you, you unfriend anyone that would get info back to BM, you don't have any contact with BM and you focus on your life.  She sure seems to take up a lot of space when her daughter is only over 4 days a month.

Your post was really hard to get through, paragraphs would help alot.

sunnydays27
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
My story was a bit of a train wreck wasn't it??? Guess I was just in a hurry.

Yes, I finally deleted her, her sisters and her dad. I was never friends with her mom.

I do agree the things I mentioned (apart from a 15 month old pulling hair) should be brought to her mom's attention.

4 yrs ago I was running through the yard with her and tripped. We both took a tumble. Neither of us were really hurt just scrapped knees. We told her mom the same day and SD was 4 so she could confirm the story. Its just that bio mom brings that up allll the time when my hubby and her are fighting. She won't call me her step mom lol she says "the woman who threw my child"....

I apologized over a year ago to my step daughter when I found out she over heard our conversation regarding her attitude. Her mom just won't drop it. Ugh. She has told SD to stop being a brat right in from of my face, so I know it's not a huge taboo for her. Its just because I said it....in supposed private mind you.

Talked to the hubby. Told him I don't want to know what they have to say about me or my kids. I am done trying to please an impossible crowd. I tend to worry too much if ya can't tell.😀 thanks again.

Quoting KarmaBusDriver:

I think some of the things you said any Mom would have a right to question.

But if you want all the drama to stop you tell your DH that you no longer want to hear anything that is said about you, you unfriend anyone that would get info back to BM, you don't have any contact with BM and you focus on your life.  She sure seems to take up a lot of space when her daughter is only over 4 days a month.

Your post was really hard to get through, paragraphs would help alot.

Rocker.Mom.07
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I never let BM into my bubble. She hated me from the get-go. She wouldn't even look at me when SD tried to introduce us one day. She has told SD she doesn't like me and God knows what other hate she's spewed about me.

Disengage from the drama. Let you DH handle BM and anything doing with court, custody, and SD. It will make your life so much more peaceful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)