Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally a custody agreement that works for everyone

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:03 AM
  • 17 Replies
Dh has wanted more custody of sd over the past couple years. He doesn't want her in the small apartment bm lives in since it is so small. We got it so we have sd during the week and every other weekend she is with bm. Cs is only $100 a month since she is at our house most of the times but bm needs the money in order to get what sd meeds while she is there. Sd was so happy about it since all of her friends live in our neighborhood. Dh took everybody out to ice cream once it was all worked out.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jpickens
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:50 AM
DH even took BM out for ice cream? Sounds like it was an amicable settlement. :-). That is great if that is the case.
Linagma03
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 1:54 AM

As long as everyone is happy with the arrangement it sounds really good. 

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:23 AM
BF won custody because his home is larger?
jpickens
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:26 AM
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Quoting jules2boys: BF won custody because his home is larger?
KWIM
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:42 AM
I am somehow doubting that there is any kind of formal, court ordered arrangement.

I wonder how BM will be able to make sure her ex doesn't try to get out of paying ANY CS by moving the kids away from her so she gets no significant amount of time.

Meh, I suppose she could give herself some security by putting a boot on the OP's house.

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am guessing Mom gave up custody voluntarily. I doubt he "won" custody in court over the size of the apartment.

Nothing wrong with that though. My stepkids mother also gave up custody voluntarily. Sometimes parents just don't want custody for one reason or another.

MommaGemma
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Actually we settled it outside of court. I stayed out of it and they let sd decide what schedule she wanted. She didn't want to always be away from her mom but she wanted to not be with her as much.

MommaGemma
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:18 AM
Bm wanted sd to choose for her self. Dh agreed to what sd wanted. Bm decided ok it's fine because she still gets a little CS from dh.

Quoting whatIknownow:

I am guessing Mom gave up custody voluntarily. I doubt he "won" custody in court over the size of the apartment.

Nothing wrong with that though. My stepkids mother also gave up custody voluntarily. Sometimes parents just don't want custody for one reason or another.

MommaGemma
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM
He wanted to say thank you for not fighting about sd being at my house more. It was amazing how they both backed down and let sd tell them what she wanted it like.

Quoting jpickens: DH even took BM out for ice cream? Sounds like it was an amicable settlement. :-). That is great if that is the case.
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

That's sad when parents refuse to be responsible for their kids and let the kids "choose for themselves." 

Quoting MommaGemma: Bm wanted sd to choose for her self. Dh agreed to what sd wanted. Bm decided ok it's fine because she still gets a little CS from dh.
Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)