Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions to ask ourselves from time to time

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
7 moms liked this

Am I making things worse because I want to be in charge?

Is this a BM issue or is the man I adore part of the problem?

Is it really about the skiddos or do I just want to one up BM or BD? 

Am I transferring my dislike for BM onto the skiddos because they look like, act like or sound like their mom?

Am I doing more than not only BM but also my man?

If I'm this unhappy, what can I change?

Can I let this upset go and focus on real issues?

Am I being fair to myself, to my own birthed children, to my hubby/partner/dildo with a heartbeat, to my skiddos?

Am I adding good into the lives around me or have I become a ball of unhappy hate? can I fix me?

add more if you nee to and please no "but BM is the devil" replies. We know you hate her, she's pure evil and petty and jealous and ugly and has hairy warts on her hoohaaa. This is about what we can control, ourselves, our thinking, our own pieces of the drama. 

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

These are good questions.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting whatIknownow:

These are good questions.

ones I'm not the slightest bit ashamed to admit that I've asked myself. And didn't always like the answers I gavemyself in return. 

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:35 PM

These are good questions (with slight adjustments if necessary) to ask in life in general, not just for SMs.  :) 

I am the BM (who is apparently pure evil and petty and jealous  and.... ;) ) but these things I can ask myself too, not where SM is concerned (at this point she's uninvolved in the boys lives, BF is nearly uninvolved as well), but for my own happiness, for my kids, and frankly, for my job/career too. 

Thank you tia. 

mrsd2013
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I need to ask myself if it's a legit issue or me trying to control the situation often, unfortunately. Dh has control issues too.

The am I doing more one then the parents is one I haven't thought about. I do more then both. Maybe that's where some of the ss problems are coming from.... Food for thought!

We should keep this bumped!
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Good questions.

For me, my first question is always about my happiness or that of my family. Life must be happy.

I also ask myself if I am making things worse by not being involved, by letting the chips fall where they may?

XXanonymousXX
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:11 PM
I really appreciate #1 and will begin considering this. It's a good question to ask.
Makingmyway121
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Stepfamilies can be hard; marriage can be hard; life can be hard. I think the biggest question I need to ask myself is about my own happiness. I sometimes feel like there are so many things that are beyond my control (I'm TTC with a lot of bumps along the road so far, and had some bad news yesterday), but my happiness should not be one of those things out of my control. Really looking at what I can do to find happiness in other areas of my life is important. I needed that today! Thanks Tia!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)