Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Didn't comfort me when my mother died so I didn't comfort him when his daughter went missing

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:35 PM
  • 134 Replies
1 mom liked this
This June will make it 9 years since dh & I have been married. I have a son, 12, he has a daughter 14. Last February my mother died. Dh had gotten to know her pretty well, we visit her over the years a lot of times. When she died I told dh and he acted like it was no big deal, he went into the kitchen, made something to eat and turned the tv on, completely tuning me out. I cried for three days, dh did not comfort me at all, no hugs, no comforting words nothing. He didn't even attend her funeral either. I sat in the room for three days crying while he chose to sleep in the living room. I asked him why hadn't he comforted me? He shrugged his shoulders & said I don't know. April 5th his daughter went missing, for four days no one knew where she was. Dh called around asking had anyone seen her. When I didn't react or show any emotions dh got angry & said You can at least comfort me! You're my wife, I need some support here. Sd showed up four days later, she had ran away & hid up in her friend's attic. Her friend snuck her food and clean clothes to wear. Sd said she ran away because dh had grounded her a day before. I feel like karma came back and bit him because of how he treated me when my mother died. I'm not sorry at all for the way I reacted.
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymia
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:37 PM
11 moms liked this
What a wonderful mature marriage you have.
karlie2
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:40 PM
6 moms liked this
Wow. Why are you two married?
CampHarris
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
You two sound perfect for each other.
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't even know what to say.

But I think... you should re-think your life and marriage. There is a lot wrong there. I don't think you should be with this man.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:50 PM
19 moms liked this

I'm sorry he's a douche, I'm sorry you're a douchette.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

and welcome to the group. 

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this

How old are you and DH?  You both sound about as old and mature as the 14yo.  :(  Scary. 

I also think I missed the point of this post. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I would suggest marriage counselling, when your spouse shows that kind of indifference it is clear you have big problems. It interesting he had that expectation of you when he gave you no comfort when you needed it.

aheasley
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Did he understand your point? Where you worried about her at all?
mrsd2013
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:00 PM
My marriage is far from perfect so I don't think I'm one to give advice but do you think theres a chance to work on things? Counseling? Realistically.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)