Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's being so loving tonight

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
As some of you know I have been having issues with my sd17. Well I've tried to talk to my husband tonight and made some comments but he was kind of ignoring me u tip I said maybe we should just let it go. He is like u aren't going anywhere- I mentioned to him we need to put our marriage first as I ha e heard n read that he kids will grow up and leave and we need a leg to stand on to have a marriage to continue .... When I think he figured I was serious about all my suggestions he was more loving, kinder- ugh! He tried to bring up again that I'm a runner. I told him if I don't belong n leave if I am not repeated or have you by my side then it's not running. It's me leaving a situation that is no longer positive and we have no where to go. He is watching his heat game and I am sitting here like wha- wa- what do I do??!!
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
FloridaGrl11
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:33 PM
He wants to love me kiss me- hold me. But I feel numb!
FloridaGrl11
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM
So I dug deeper and he was like oh so I should have stopped u from yelling at her his daughter. I said NO! You should have stopped her when it started and it wouldn't have escalated to where it did! He doesn't hear me- he doesn't agree about putting our marriage diary- am I fighting a fight that's dead in the water?
FloridaGrl11
by Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM
First not diary
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:43 AM

maybe a professional can help you two get on the same page with your issues and can help keep your discussions on track?

and as my Mr has learned, if there's a sporting event on ...it's not the best time to discuss something important. I will zone out. Better to catch me when the tv is offand there are no shiny objects to catch my eye. 

FloridaGrl11
by Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:46 AM
Thank you. :-) We def need some help.

Quoting tiafez:

maybe a professional can help you two get on the same page with your issues and can help keep your discussions on track?

and as my Mr has learned, if there's a sporting event on ...it's not the best time to discuss something important. I will zone out. Better to catch me when the tv is offand there are no shiny objects to catch my eye. 

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:59 AM

You want to divorce your husband because you don't get along with his daughter?

I am not following your story and I don't know why you don't get along with his daughter, but why not just be polite to her, tolerate her, and go about your business? Not everyone is going to get along with everyone else. But if you have to live together, just be considerate and stay out of each other's way as much as possible.

Amy4663
by on May. 3, 2016 at 6:49 AM

Hi FloridaGrl11,

I know that this has to be hard. It seems that you are trying to make a blended family work and just want the best possible outcome for your marriage and your sd17. I wonder if in this situation some family counseling might be helpful? This way you could have an unbiased third party there to help sort through issues and make sure that everybody feels heard and understood. I know that there are several ways to find counselors in the area (online and websites or you could start with your local church). I definitely think there is hope for you and your family and I will be praying for you.

ASouthernMother
by Member on May. 3, 2016 at 1:36 PM

have you tried to disengage from his daughter and let him take care of all of her needs and disciplinary needs?

Just focus on yourself, your marriage and your biochildren(if you have any).

Let him step up or fall down.  If she doesn't complete chores, Homework- dump it off on him.  If dishes aren't done at my house I don't cook dinner. DH and the the other kids in the house get tired of eating can crap and frzn pizza because 1 child didn't complete their chores before I got home.  So, I don't have to do a damn thing.

When they ask 'whats for dinner' I say  who's turn was it to do the dishes?  

I don't have to say anything else... they know and the sibing hears about it because I am a damn good cook. 

me IDC.  I keep salad fixin's in my fridge and I love salads.  I can eat them every night. Doesn't make a difference to me what they eat or even IF they eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)