Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yup, I got something for Mother's Day.

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
5 moms liked this
From my friend actually. Flowers and chocolates because she says "I'm good with the boys" ( the Skids). So. According to her (and my sister) I get to pretend today. Yay.

Well, happy Mother's Day for the BMs of course. and the SMs who are custodial. And the adopted moms, the Foster moms.. Actually, Anyone who has kids in their lives and treats them well. How's that for "progressive , all inclusive" blanket statements.

Cheers!
by on May. 8, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 12:01 AM
5 moms liked this

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day, Moms, Grandmas, SMs, Foster Moms, all nurturing women, it is supposed to be an inclusive day in my book.

ihave1
by Member on May. 9, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Happy day to you!!

LOL

Quoting pusheen-kitty: From my friend actually. Flowers and chocolates because she says "I'm good with the boys" ( the Skids). So. According to her (and my sister) I get to pretend today. Yay.

Well, happy Mother's Day for the BMs of course. and the SMs who are custodial. And the adopted moms, the Foster moms.. Actually, Anyone who has kids in their lives and treats them well. How's that for "progressive , all inclusive" blanket statements.

Cheers!
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 1:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I spent the day alone. Migraine free for the first time in 16 days. Bought myself flowers. Put them in a vase that was my mom's. Put the base on a tile my girls made for my mom 12 years ago.
diaperstodating
by on May. 9, 2016 at 1:36 AM
What kind of flowers and chocolate did you get?
BHLF4
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2016 at 3:59 AM
Not sure if you meant it to offer not, but that's a very artistic and nice picture.

Quoting pdxmum:

Mobile Photo

I spent the day alone. Migraine free for the first time in 16 days. Bought myself flowers. Put them in a vase that was my mom's. Put the base on a tile my girls made for my mom 12 years ago.
mrsd2013
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM
I had a migraine:(. Saturday then through Sunday.

Dh made dinner but forgot to take the kids get (or tell them to make) a card. I was really sad. I should have spent the day with my mom instead.

I like your flowers.

Quoting pdxmum:

Mobile Photo

mrsd2013
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2016 at 7:54 AM
That's really sweet of your friend!
SnapIt
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2016 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
That was nice of your friend

You dont have to give birth to be motherly.
I know of many women that have no kids of their own yet they take great care of others.
My sis for one has no kids of her own, but she treats all the families kids like they are her own.
She has a special connection with all her nieces and nephews
We also give her cards and gifts for Mother's Day
shiarhars
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2016 at 12:17 PM

How lovely! Really nice of her. I had a great day with dh, sd, my mom and sil. Hope everyone had a greats mothers day as well.

Quoting pusheen-kitty: From my friend actually. Flowers and chocolates because she says "I'm good with the boys" ( the Skids). So. According to her (and my sister) I get to pretend today. Yay. Well, happy Mother's Day for the BMs of course. and the SMs who are custodial. And the adopted moms, the Foster moms.. Actually, Anyone who has kids in their lives and treats them well. How's that for "progressive , all inclusive" blanket statements. Cheers!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Thanks!  DDs have been teaching me to take "insta worthy" pictures.  This one has no filters or anything.  I didn't even crop it.

It is a picture that brings warm feelings.  The whole thing is on my mother's table also.

I re-read my post and it did make me sound a little pathetic.  I was totally cool being along on mother's day.  The flowers were an impromptu purchase when I went to the grocery store.  I usually ask people not to buy me overpriced holiday flowers.  These were only $6.99!

Quoting BHLF4: Not sure if you meant it to offer not, but that's a very artistic and nice picture.
Quoting pdxmum:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)