Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't get awat

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 8:00 AM
  • 20 Replies
Hello, my name is Nicole and I'm 40 yes old. I have a son soon to be 21 and a SD that is 24. My SD and I have not seen eye to eye for many years now and it has caused many problems in my marriage. She has stolen from me, lied to me and about me, and just general nastiness. My DH didn't used to tolerate it until she pulled a stunt that lasted well into two weeks were she refused to take his calls and her BM wouldn't make her talk to him. At that point she was 13-14 and the custody agreement was 50/50. After that - she has been allowed to do, say whatever she pleases and dictates who is allowed to go to what family functions. In the past few years I have had some serious health issues that have really made me look at things differently. She is not worth my stress. However - now she is verbally attacking me when my DH is not around. I would love to say I keep my mouth shut, but I call bullshit. I have definitely reached the point - I just don't want to be anywhere near her poison.
by on May. 30, 2016 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommahellfire88
by Member on May. 30, 2016 at 9:02 AM
Im confused,as to what you mean by years ago she pulled a stunt, and now gets t [ do whatever she wants. Usually when people say she pulled a stunt and ...it means they quit getting their way .
whatIknownow
by on May. 30, 2016 at 9:12 AM

So what was the event that happened when she was 13, that made her not speak to her father for 2 weeks?

cdrainey3
by on May. 30, 2016 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so glad I have a step SON instead of a step daughter. Girls can be nasty, especially when their parents allow it.
Boobear110
by Audra on May. 30, 2016 at 10:08 AM

So as a teen she was allowed to call the shots and hasn't stopped since. This must suck. 

Listen, I call billshit on anyone that says they don't fire back when another adult is running their mouth at them. Step kid or not. 

How does your husband feel about this going on when you tell him? How does he feel about you not being around her anymore? I don't blame you. I'd stay away from anyone that was that way with me too 

cdrainey3
by on May. 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM
My dh wouldn't allow it though, so I guess it doesn't matter. If it meant he lost his son/daughter then he would be sad but I know he would stand his ground. No amount of disrespect is ok. Especially when someone disrespects me. He's even more upset.
tiafez
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2016 at 7:56 PM

why does daddy allow her crap now that he's an adult?

I bet BM is coaching her to say it.

jpickens
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:17 PM
This. 🙏🙌🙏

Please keep a 50 feet distance. I cant do it either.

Quoting Boobear110:

So as a teen she was allowed to call the shots and hasn't stopped since. This must suck. 

Listen, I call billshit on anyone that says they don't fire back when another adult is running their mouth at them. Step kid or not. 

How does your husband feel about this going on when you tell him? How does he feel about you not being around her anymore? I don't blame you. I'd stay away from anyone that was that way with me too 

BHLF4
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:33 PM
Why would you be around her at all if your husband isn't around? She's 24. She's an adult. Sometimes adults talk behind other adults back. Usually, it's just ignored. Screw them anyways. Why have you started in a relationship with a man who let his 13 year old daughter dictate the rules for 1" years? Especially if that means you were disrespected
Boobear110
by Audra on May. 30, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Once you piss me off..forgetaboutit 😎

Quoting jpickens: This. 🙏🙌🙏 Please keep a 50 feet distance. I cant do it either.
Quoting Boobear110:

419Georgia
by New Member on May. 30, 2016 at 11:21 PM
I started dating him when she was 8 and he didn't tolerate the crap. The BM though stopped speaking to her own father when he made a comment about her hair. That was in her teens - to this day she does not speak to him, and DH has always been afraid BM would ( and does ) coach SD into the same behavior. When she was 13 she got mad at him for interrupting the end of a date. Next thing I knew 2 weeks had gone by and somehow it had all become about me. So she instilled the fear right into him. Its been a rough few years and , really, I just ignore her, but this time I was really pissed. I go out of my way to stay away from her crap and she jumped all over my shit. And it was all lies. I told DH - I didn't want him to hear about it from another guest at the party. I think I just need to vent. I'm so sick of trying to take the friggin high road.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)