Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, it was a good run of good while it lasted, lol...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:14 PM
  • 38 Replies

This week has been really bad with BM pulling all kinds of new nonsense that has even her own parents asking WTF?? I heard DH this morning telling her, "Yeah, you threw us away - that's on you. I remarried, I'm happy, so if you don't have anything to talk about with regards to our son, STFU." O.o

Bonus Mom to Jeffrey 06/05/10
Mom to Hayden 10/13/2011 & Liam 05/05/2016

by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codysara
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 3:57 PM
5 moms liked this
At least he stood up to her. Maybe communication should be in email form, that way he has the option of not responding to anything that does not involve their son.
CampHarris
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's something in the air.

We got home from our honeymoon to a crazy demand email from BM regarding all of the times she wants the boys from now till next year (Thanksgiving, again, NO trips whatsoever next summer as the boys will be in the "junior olympics" for water polo and will have daily practice and games, yada yada yada)... DH hasn't even bothered responding.  And I'm not giving it much thought because I know she's just trying to poop on our happiness.  

codysara
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
It's in the air alright..
Don't they have a very detailed CO? He should let bm know she can not dictate what he does during his parenting time ever in regards to activities and vacations (which judges love family bonding time)

Quoting CampHarris:

We got home from our honeymoon to a crazy demand email from BM regarding all of the times she wants the boys from now till next year (Thanksgiving, again, NO trips whatsoever next summer as the boys will be in the "junior olympics" for water polo and will have daily practice and games, yada yada yada)... DH hasn't even bothered responding.  And I'm not giving it much thought because I know she's just trying to poop on our happiness.  

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel like I'm slacking.  I've not spoken to BF in weeks/months! 

Hummm... what nonsense can I cook up rather quickly?  ;) 

No, seriously, these women who do this crazy **** drive me up a wall1  I don't understand that at all! 

And, coaches DO understand about family time and vacation time during the summer months, despite what BM may think.  ODS has done JO for roller hockey, he has friends who've done it for other sports.  Yes, there IS practice nearly daily during the summer, but even coaches take vacation time, and they expect the kids to do the same.  UGH! 

OP, at least your DH stood up to her nonsense.  Though, in the future, I'd even stop responding as he did.  When XH used to do this crap, I'd respond with silence.  When he finally asked what my problem was (I wasn't arguing/discussing his BS with him) I told him I was waiting for him to say something pertinent to our conversations as X, Y, and Z didn't have anything to do with our boys.  He hung up.  Silence was really easy (though it was difficult not to laugh during the awkward silences LOL). 

Quoting CampHarris:

CampHarris
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Their CO is the least detailed I've ever seen in regards to holidays and vacations, probably because she was the one with the high-power attorney. It does say she cannot schedule things on his parenting time (and visa versa) but she knows he's not in a financial position for a lengthy court battle, so she just keeps pushing the limits (or just flat out ignoring them).

It sucks. If I won the lottery the first thing I'd do is get DH the best lawyer millions could buy.

But the sad state of the matter is we need to move this year (we live in a 3/bd townhome and sharing a room isn't working for my DD/DS anymore) and houses in our area are crazy expensive. If we take her back to court, there's zero chance of buying a bigger house. Or probably even keeping the one we're in because money is no object to her whatsoever, and she could play the court game endlessly and it wouldn't touch her.

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that this is a game we will never win.

Quoting codysara: It's in the air alright..
Don't they have a very detailed CO? He should let bm know she can not dictate what he does during his parenting time ever in regards to activities and vacations (which judges love family bonding time)

Quoting CampHarris:

JustOneAndDone
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I cannot believe that woman has the balls to think she can take Thanksgiving AGAIN!!!!!

Quoting CampHarris: Their CO is the least detailed I've ever seen in regards to holidays and vacations, probably because she was the one with the high-power attorney. It does say she cannot schedule things on his parenting time (and visa versa) but she knows he's not in a financial position for a lengthy court battle, so she just keeps pushing the limits (or just flat out ignoring them). It sucks. If I won the lottery the first thing I'd do is get DH the best lawyer millions could buy. But the sad state of the matter is we need to move this year (we live in a 3/bd townhome and sharing a room isn't working for my DD/DS anymore) and houses in our area are crazy expensive. If we take her back to court, there's zero chance of buying a bigger house. Or probably even keeping the one we're in because money is no object to her whatsoever, and she could play the court game endlessly and it wouldn't touch her. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that this is a game we will never win.
Quoting codysara: It's in the air alright.. Don't they have a very detailed CO? He should let bm know she can not dictate what he does during his parenting time ever in regards to activities and vacations (which judges love family bonding time)
Quoting CampHarris:

jpickens
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohhh post wedding experience was like mine!!!  OMG. 

And hey stranger!

Quoting CampHarris:

CampHarris
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Right? The wording was, "We will be going to Vegas for Thanksgiving again this year." Just one of her many bullet points of demands.

Oh and the email started with, "Hi DH, hope you had a good trip."

Uh huh. I'm sure.

Quoting JustOneAndDone:

I cannot believe that woman has the balls to think she can take Thanksgiving AGAIN!!!!!

Quoting CampHarris: Their CO is the least detailed I've ever seen in regards to holidays and vacations, probably because she was the one with the high-power attorney. It does say she cannot schedule things on his parenting time (and visa versa) but she knows he's not in a financial position for a lengthy court battle, so she just keeps pushing the limits (or just flat out ignoring them).

It sucks. If I won the lottery the first thing I'd do is get DH the best lawyer millions could buy.

But the sad state of the matter is we need to move this year (we live in a 3/bd townhome and sharing a room isn't working for my DD/DS anymore) and houses in our area are crazy expensive. If we take her back to court, there's zero chance of buying a bigger house. Or probably even keeping the one we're in because money is no object to her whatsoever, and she could play the court game endlessly and it wouldn't touch her.

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that this is a game we will never win.

Quoting codysara: It's in the air alright..

Quoting CampHarris:

CampHarris
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Hahaha - hey lady!!! How are you??

Did you get a post-wedding nasty gram too? I am not even remotely surprised, honestly.

Oh but here's something funny... My ex had the kids during our honeymoon. DDs birthday is Sunday so they celebrated while they were there. He gave her an electric guitar and an amp (because hey, we live in a little townhome, seems reasonable)... A Keith Urban edition. Keith Urban was the first concert we went to after we got married. The double middle finger wasn't lost on me. 😂

Quoting jpickens:

And hey stranger!

Quoting CampHarris:

jpickens
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I am good! I don't think BM was doing it out of spite because we were getting married (bad timing),  but it was hell the months before and immediately after.  But, all is good now (knock on wood), so I can't complain.  

Oh WOW!  He got the kids?? That is good but I hope he keeps it up.  Hahaha!  You know exes always make thier statement when you get married.  One way or the other.  LOL! 

Quoting CampHarris: Hahaha - hey lady!!! How are you?? Did you get a post-wedding nasty gram too? I am not even remotely surprised, honestly. Oh but here's something funny... My ex had the kids during our honeymoon. DDs birthday is Sunday so they celebrated while they were there. He gave her an electric guitar and an amp (because hey, we live in a little townhome, seems reasonable)... A Keith Urban edition. Keith Urban was the first concert we went to after we got married. The double middle finger wasn't lost on me. 😂
Quoting jpickens:

And hey stranger!

Quoting CampHarris:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)