Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lawyer visit went well

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

DH and I met with our lawyer yesterday afternoon. We turned over everything we have on BM. He said we can file tomorrow and win, but there will be a longer litigation (few months) or we can wait until December to file (about mid month) and if things stay the way they are right now we can show a pattern/habit and that BM isn't trying to fight any of it and he said it will be done in a matter of weeks.

BM and DH have agreed to some things. No child support from either side, pay half of all school supplies/activies and extra curriculars, and BM has to pay 45% of all medical/dental/vision. It's not agreed upon about the tax credit, lawyer said we'll file for that in Dec and get it every year. BM is still behind on paying SD's medical bills from April 2015 to current of this year.

BM is wanting every Friday night to Saturday at 6 pm. DH won't agree, lawyer said if we don't agree BM won't get it in court if she tries to fight it. We've left the wording open so that SD gets to choose where she wants to stay and for how long.

SD14 told us what she wanted tod do for the holidays and we have relayed that back to BM. I'm sure BM will be calling SD or DH on that one. SD is pretty adamant that's what she wants. Lawyer said to leave it completely up to SD (we are making SD spend some of the holidays with her BM- just not the amount of time that is in the orginal decree).

Now we just wait. SD has said she is going over to BM's Thursday night but not staying the night on Friday. I asked her if she wanted to go over to BM's during the day Saturday and spend all day there. SD told me no.

Suggestions? Anyone else been through this?

by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hotspice58
by Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:42 PM

No but good luck and good for DH for being there for his kid.

shiarhars
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 12:51 PM
I would wait, if that's going to benefit SD. The more evidence you guys have the better it would be in end. Good luck

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

DH and I met with our lawyer yesterday afternoon. We turned over everything we have on BM. He said we can file tomorrow and win, but there will be a longer litigation (few months) or we can wait until December to file (about mid month) and if things stay the way they are right now we can show a pattern/habit and that BM isn't trying to fight any of it and he said it will be done in a matter of weeks.

BM and DH have agreed to some things. No child support from either side, pay half of all school supplies/activies and extra curriculars, and BM has to pay 45% of all medical/dental/vision. It's not agreed upon about the tax credit, lawyer said we'll file for that in Dec and get it every year. BM is still behind on paying SD's medical bills from April 2015 to current of this year.

BM is wanting every Friday night to Saturday at 6 pm. DH won't agree, lawyer said if we don't agree BM won't get it in court if she tries to fight it. We've left the wording open so that SD gets to choose where she wants to stay and for how long.

SD14 told us what she wanted tod do for the holidays and we have relayed that back to BM. I'm sure BM will be calling SD or DH on that one. SD is pretty adamant that's what she wants. Lawyer said to leave it completely up to SD (we are making SD spend some of the holidays with her BM- just not the amount of time that is in the orginal decree).

Now we just wait. SD has said she is going over to BM's Thursday night but not staying the night on Friday. I asked her if she wanted to go over to BM's during the day Saturday and spend all day there. SD told me no.

Suggestions? Anyone else been through this?

luckyinlife
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Where the hell do you live that parents can't get visitation with there kids two days a week and kids can just decide to never see their parents again?
MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Oklahoma. BM isn't trying to get any other days. At. All. We have told her time and time again to call/text SD and make plans with her, SD is 14, has a phone and perfectly capable of making plans with BM. BM just won't. She wants every Friday, she won't get it.  Never said SD isn't ever going to see her BM again. SD can see her anytime she wants. If BM doesn't push SD to come see her, then a pattern is established. It's easier to prove with a pattern. That's why we document everything, and I have been for 11 years.

Quoting luckyinlife: Where the hell do you live that parents can't get visitation with there kids two days a week and kids can just decide to never see their parents again?


MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We are going to wait. After all of this time, what's 5 or 6 more weeks?! Thatnk you.

Quoting shiarhars: I would wait, if that's going to benefit SD. The more evidence you guys have the better it would be in end. Good luck
Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

DH and I met with our lawyer yesterday afternoon. We turned over everything we have on BM. He said we can file tomorrow and win, but there will be a longer litigation (few months) or we can wait until December to file (about mid month) and if things stay the way they are right now we can show a pattern/habit and that BM isn't trying to fight any of it and he said it will be done in a matter of weeks.

BM and DH have agreed to some things. No child support from either side, pay half of all school supplies/activies and extra curriculars, and BM has to pay 45% of all medical/dental/vision. It's not agreed upon about the tax credit, lawyer said we'll file for that in Dec and get it every year. BM is still behind on paying SD's medical bills from April 2015 to current of this year.

BM is wanting every Friday night to Saturday at 6 pm. DH won't agree, lawyer said if we don't agree BM won't get it in court if she tries to fight it. We've left the wording open so that SD gets to choose where she wants to stay and for how long.

SD14 told us what she wanted tod do for the holidays and we have relayed that back to BM. I'm sure BM will be calling SD or DH on that one. SD is pretty adamant that's what she wants. Lawyer said to leave it completely up to SD (we are making SD spend some of the holidays with her BM- just not the amount of time that is in the orginal decree).

Now we just wait. SD has said she is going over to BM's Thursday night but not staying the night on Friday. I asked her if she wanted to go over to BM's during the day Saturday and spend all day there. SD told me no.

Suggestions? Anyone else been through this?


MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM

DH always has been, he's a really protective dad that way! Lol! We just want what's best for SD.

Quoting hotspice58:

No but good luck and good for DH for being there for his kid.


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)