Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought they would be more excited

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
I found out recently that I am pregnant. I really have no idea how far along I am because I stopped keeping track. I was told I couldn't have kids so when I found this out I was elated.

We told SS17 and SS11 we are waiting on telling SD15 until we see her in person. The boys really didn't care.

Is this normal?
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:25 PM
Perfectly normal. Teen guys don't get too excited about anything that doesn't directly benefit them or interest them. A step sibling certainly isn't on that list. Don't expect too much.
destinyangl21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Yeah SS17 lives with us. He literally said whatever and went into his room...

I guess it will be more real when I start showing?

Quoting K3412: Perfectly normal. Teen guys don't get too excited about anything that doesn't directly benefit them or interest them. A step sibling certainly isn't on that list. Don't expect too much.
K3412
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:33 PM
He may never engage and be thrilled. Teens can be pretty self absorbed. Kids can also have trouble accepting half siblings, or feel unattached or uninterested. Like I said, don't expect everyone to fawn over the new child and act like their world revolves around them. It's just got a realistic expectation.

Quoting destinyangl21: Yeah SS17 lives with us. He literally said whatever and went into his room...

I guess it will be more real when I start showing?

Quoting K3412: Perfectly normal. Teen guys don't get too excited about anything that doesn't directly benefit them or interest them. A step sibling certainly isn't on that list. Don't expect too much.
nmkj
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Normal. They're teenage boys.
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 2:30 AM
Perfectly normal. Don't get your hopes up for SD15 either.

You enjoy the excitement. DH should enjoy the excitement. Just don't look for it in the Steps.
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 7:29 AM

Yeah pretty normal reaction. I'm thrilled for you though, you and hbby must be over the moon!!!

hiraeth
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 7:39 AM

Congratulations!

shiarhars
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:48 AM

I would assume its normal but honestly don't know because I dont have teens yet. Congrats on the new baby thought how exciting!!!

Quoting destinyangl21: I found out recently that I am pregnant. I really have no idea how far along I am because I stopped keeping track. I was told I couldn't have kids so when I found this out I was elated. We told SS17 and SS11 we are waiting on telling SD15 until we see her in person. The boys really didn't care. Is this normal?

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 11:58 AM
It's the age. Teenagers particularly teenage boys usually don't care about babies.
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM
And Congratulations!!!!! No matter it is exciting for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)