Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In honor of Tia: Friday (on Thursday) post.

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:03 PM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

What's everyone doing this weekend?

I might get my hair highlighted and cut Saturday. Dh is working as usual. Dh is having it out with bm. And I'm trying to stay out of it.

Here's what's on my mind today, after PT with LO. I'm starting to realize more and more that when your a SNs parent (or any parent for that matter but I'm taking it more to heart with LO), people will be very vocal about what they don't agree with you doing.

Share your memes, funnies, and weekend plans here. :)
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rocker.Mom.07
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Somewhat busy weekend. Tomorrow we're getting one of our young cats neutered. Niece's birthday party Saturday afternoon, taking girls to MIL's to spend the night...and possibly church club event for SD if she decides on that. Sunday afternoon is my DD's 10th birthday celebration. Lots of driving.

oranguglad
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Working Saturday; hibernating Sunday, off Monday.

Dh & sd have a friend and his dad coming over for dinner and a movie Sunday night.

I will be baking a lasanga casserole in my brand new baking dish that should be on my porch as I type and baking cookies with sd.

My mom came over last weekend and brought a batch of her gingersnaps (which I finished days ago!) and the recipe :) So we are going to bake a batch of those.

Dh & I are working on a new business project so Sunday and Monday I will be working on that, too. Hopefully we will be able to put in our equipment order on Monday! 

oranguglad
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:29 PM
3 moms liked this

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I want, no, I NEED that t-shirt!  O M G!   LOL 

YDS14 gave me a bumper sticker years ago now that says something to the effect of  "My Mutant Power Is Always Being Right".  People still stop to take pictures of it.  <snicker, snicker>  He picked it up at ComiCon a number of years ago.  I didn't like it at first (the mutant part bothered me) but I've had nothing but compliments on it (and questions about where they could get one too!  Usually from the wife/GF LOL) . 

This shall be a good weekend.  SO and I are heading to Phoenix for a short get away.  I can't wait!  Just 2 nights away but we haven't been there, together, in over 25 years.  It'll be fun!  Good weather too!  Car in the shop now to make sure it's ready for the trip too.  ;) 

As for what's on your mind today mrsd, something my mom learned in therapy YEARS ago, dealing with my BF (he's crazy) and a way to 'shut him down' a bit... her therapist taught her to say 'You might be right' when BF (her XH now, and then too) TOLD her something (he treated her like she was stupid, always).  When someone says 'you may be right', it doesn't mean you agree with them or they agree with you, but you might be right.  You might be wrong too.  ;)  Most people won't argue when they hear that they are right (and they often ignore the 'may be' part ;) ).   Or, thanks for your opinion, and keep moving. 

Hang in there.  People just suck sometimes. 

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:49 PM

Nothing special for the weekend, I am hoping to try bowling on Saturday, it is my last weekend with my parents, they are heading back home next week. I am back to Nanny hunting, I have to fire the new one tomorrow, we aren't working out at all. Life is good though.

BM has allowed DH access to SS twice in a week, that is strange. SS apologized to DH for not speaking to him since last June, they had a long chat, and they have been chatting since. 

Are you equally vocal about telling those people to mind their own business about your child? I find people aren't so vocal if they know you won't take it kindly.

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

mrsd2013
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Love comi con! I want to go next year to find Star Wars family decals for my Mom van. Lol. I saw them there a couple years ago.

My mom told me to use 'you might be right'. It does work well. I've been saying 'we'll do what we believe is best for LO but thank you.' It's polite but let's them know they are over stepping and to 'know their role.'

Have a great weekend with your SO! That sounds like a fun trip. Let me know how it goes next week. :)

Quoting jules2boys:

I want, no, I NEED that t-shirt!  O M G!   LOL 

YDS14 gave me a bumper sticker years ago now that says something to the effect of  "My Mutant Power Is Always Being Right".  People still stop to take pictures of it.  <snicker, snicker>  He picked it up at ComiCon a number of years ago.  I didn't like it at first (the mutant part bothered me) but I've had nothing but compliments on it (and questions about where they could get one too!  Usually from the wife/GF LOL) . 

This shall be a good weekend.  SO and I are heading to Phoenix for a short get away.  I can't wait!  Just 2 nights away but we haven't been there, together, in over 25 years.  It'll be fun!  Good weather too!  Car in the shop now to make sure it's ready for the trip too.  ;) 

As for what's on your mind today mrsd, something my mom learned in therapy YEARS ago, dealing with my BF (he's crazy) and a way to 'shut him down' a bit... her therapist taught her to say 'You might be right' when BF (her XH now, and then too) TOLD her something (he treated her like she was stupid, always).  When someone says 'you may be right', it doesn't mean you agree with them or they agree with you, but you might be right.  You might be wrong too.  ;)  Most people won't argue when they hear that they are right (and they often ignore the 'may be' part ;) ).   Or, thanks for your opinion, and keep moving. 

Hang in there.  People just suck sometimes. 

mrsd2013
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Firing a nanny sounds like it could be challenging or uncomfortable. Sorry to hear you have to do that but I'm sure you wouldn't unless it was necessary.

I'm not as vocal as I'll need to be. But I'm getting better. My mil caused me self doubt and insurities wondering if she was right and me wrong. But as time went on and the doctors told me my instincts were right, I learned to trust myself again. There's a meme that says 'autism will turn mama bears into straight up grizzlies.' I get it now. Our patience and energy have to be spent on things that matter.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Nothing special for the weekend, I am hoping to try bowling on Saturday, it is my last weekend with my parents, they are heading back home next week. I am back to Nanny hunting, I have to fire the new one tomorrow, we aren't working out at all. Life is good though.

BM has allowed DH access to SS twice in a week, that is strange. SS apologized to DH for not speaking to him since last June, they had a long chat, and they have been chatting since. 

Are you equally vocal about telling those people to mind their own business about your child? I find people aren't so vocal if they know you won't take it kindly.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the Meme, I am a Grizzly Bear, no question. My DD9 was diagnosed with high functioning autism, I know I am lucky because that is the best autism diagnosis to get if you get one so I still can't even imagine how tough this all is for you. My husband has been freaked out by our minor diagnosis so I have to get all Grizzly on him too.

I am a flawed mother, I kinda suck in some ways but I know without a doubt that I am the best mother for these two children as you are for yours, so you better believe it. 

Quoting mrsd2013: Firing a nanny sounds like it could be challenging or uncomfortable. Sorry to hear you have to do that but I'm sure you wouldn't unless it was necessary. I'm not as vocal as I'll need to be. But I'm getting better. My mil caused me self doubt and insurities wondering if she was right and me wrong. But as time went on and the doctors told me my instincts were right, I learned to trust myself again. There's a meme that says 'autism will turn mama bears into straight up grizzlies.' I get it now. Our patience and energy have to be spent on things that matter.
Quoting leegirl_jm:

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

JustOneAndDone
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We are having a yard sale along with a couple of other families and the kids are having a lemonade stand.  They are so excited as we've had some really rainy weather the last few weeks.  

Not a big deal in other parts of the country but if you ask these so cal kids.... you'd think they've been living in arctic conditions the past month.  They have no idea how good they've got it.......

mrsd2013
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We all suck, in our own ways. My moms church group had a year dedicated to reminding us that no one is perfect. But to instead celebrate our God given talents. I deleted my Facebook recently for a few reasons. One being, we only see the perfect lives others want us to believe they have. But as mil would say 'we all have our crosses to bear.' I just got all churchy but I know you relate. :)

Thank you for sharing about your dd! We are hopeful that lo will be high functioning. His pcp said he'll receive the ASD diagnosis in March from his neurologist. Since He has all the early detection symptoms. except eye contact. He makes eye contact and is starting to try to tell me what he wants. He makes noises but doesn't babble or say words (including mama or dada). I'm using sign language and gestures. He signs 'eat'. Which means he's trying to communicate. That gives us allot of hope.

Sorry babbling. :)

Quoting leegirl_jm:

I agree with the Meme, I am a Grizzly Bear, no question. My DD9 was diagnosed with high functioning autism, I know I am lucky because that is the best autism diagnosis to get if you get one so I still can't even imagine how tough this all is for you. My husband has been freaked out by our minor diagnosis so I have to get all Grizzly on him too.

I am a flawed mother, I kinda suck in some ways but I know without a doubt that I am the best mother for these two children as you are for yours, so you better believe it. 

Quoting mrsd2013: Firing a nanny sounds like it could be challenging or uncomfortable. Sorry to hear you have to do that but I'm sure you wouldn't unless it was necessary.

I'm not as vocal as I'll need to be. But I'm getting better. My mil caused me self doubt and insurities wondering if she was right and me wrong. But as time went on and the doctors told me my instincts were right, I learned to trust myself again. There's a meme that says 'autism will turn mama bears into straight up grizzlies.' I get it now. Our patience and energy have to be spent on things that matter.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)