Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a week...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:52 PM
  • 39 Replies

since court. BM still hasn't contacted SD14 at all. Shouldn't surprise me, but it kind of does. I guess I was just hoping that BM would start trying more with SD. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up.

SD has been happy as a lark. I found out that she asked our church's entire youth group to pray for the outcome that we had in court at church. I won't lie, made my heart happy that she did that.

I have no clue what's in store in the future with BM. SD has a dance Saturday night and we have invited BM over to take pics of SD before the dance. BM has said she's coming. I guess we'll take it one step at a time.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of situation?

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codysara
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I have experience all over..
Absent is a sign of selfishness. My woes are more important than...
Key, do not degrade bm. Do not make excuses. Do not cover.
"I'm not sure why bp didn't attend"
Leave it.
britney678
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 8:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Do you ever wonder why you get so few responses to your posts? My guess is that it is because you are such a gleeful overstepper. People have given up on trying to help you better your situation. And, instead, they've taken on the mantra if if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Seriously, your judgey posts about BM are tiresome. I feel sorry for BM in your situation. And, I wonder if you come off this obnoxiously IRL.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 11:33 AM
4 moms liked this

clappingThank you

Quoting britney678: Do you ever wonder why you get so few responses to your posts? My guess is that it is because you are such a gleeful overstepper. People have given up on trying to help you better your situation. And, instead, they've taken on the mantra if if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Seriously, your judgey posts about BM are tiresome. I feel sorry for BM in your situation. And, I wonder if you come off this obnoxiously IRL.

bettletimes
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:10 PM
I don't recall your situation, however, that is wonderful that SD is happy. Keep notifying BM of events, but don't make excuses for her or bash her if she doesn't show up or if she messes up.
DiANAiVELiSSE
by on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM

I'm by no means new to CM but i have no clue who she is. (as in OP). from this repsonse seems as OP is not liked very much

Quoting britney678: Do you ever wonder why you get so few responses to your posts? My guess is that it is because you are such a gleeful overstepper. People have given up on trying to help you better your situation. And, instead, they've taken on the mantra if if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Seriously, your judgey posts about BM are tiresome. I feel sorry for BM in your situation. And, I wonder if you come off this obnoxiously IRL.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I really don't care how many people respond to my posts. Doesn't bother me, I have a thick skin so to speak. If BM would have been a good BM from the beginning, I wouldn't have ever had to do anything for SD. That's not the case. Newsflash: Not all BM's are good.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:04 PM

Thank you for your advice. We don't badmouth BM to SD or in front of her. SD unfortunately figured her out all on her own....

I figure BM will have to answer to SD for what she does or doesn't do. DH and I don't have to have anymore contact with BM on a weekly basis.

Quoting codysara: I have experience all over.. Absent is a sign of selfishness. My woes are more important than... Key, do not degrade bm. Do not make excuses. Do not cover. "I'm not sure why bp didn't attend" Leave it.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Yes, we've made sure that BM has all of SD"s activity calendars and such. We've never made excuses for her, just told SD that she can ask BM directly.

Quoting bettletimes: I don't recall your situation, however, that is wonderful that SD is happy. Keep notifying BM of events, but don't make excuses for her or bash her if she doesn't show up or if she messes up.

bettletimes
by Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Wonderful! Then just enjoy how happy SD is and any peace that you now have.

Quoting MomGoingCrazy78:

Yes, we've made sure that BM has all of SD"s activity calendars and such. We've never made excuses for her, just told SD that she can ask BM directly.

Quoting bettletimes: I don't recall your situation, however, that is wonderful that SD is happy. Keep notifying BM of events, but don't make excuses for her or bash her if she doesn't show up or if she messes up.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:12 PM

I'm not and I'm ok with that. I was a 50/50 SM and am now a fulltime SM. BM's on here don't like when SM's are very active in their SK's lives as it's perceived as overstepping. Funny thing about that is, if BM had been involved with her kid, I wouldn't have ever had to get as involved as I am. I came into SD's life when she was 3 and now she's almost 15. It really doesn't bother me and they don't have to walk in my shoes. I hadn't been on here for years until the recent situation came about with my SD living with us fulltime.

Quoting DiANAiVELiSSE:

I'm by no means new to CM but i have no clue who she is. (as in OP). from this repsonse seems as OP is not liked very much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)