Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your dad is in the hospital!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:22 PM
  • 24 Replies

Saturday night DH went to the ER and they admitted him 30 miles away. I told SD Sunday evening that she will have to find a way home from school or walk. She said ok and the topic was over, so I thought. This morning she asked who is picking her up and I told her she needs to find a way home or walk. DH suppose to come home today and I am not going to drive back and forth. She said that it isn't fair that I am going to make her walk because I won't find her a way home. I told her yesterday, I had someone who would walk up to the elementary school to get my kids, she could even take the bus to the elementary school to walk with my kids but she already said she won't do it. 

She text me around noon and said: I am not walking home, I have no one who can take me home. It is to far to walk.

I responded: Well, take the bus to the elementary school and walk with your siblings.

She responded: I AM NOT FUCKING WALKING

I responded: With that attitude, we won't compromise at all. 

She responed: Okay, I am not walking at all!

I responded: Then you will be there until I return to town, that could be 6pm but it is whatever you want to do.

She Responded: FUCK NO, FIND ME A DAMN RIDE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIGURE IT OUT.

I responded: Figure it out? Okay, walk home and I will talk to your father about your attitude. I gave you last night, I told you about it. 

So, the person who suppose to get my kids decided at the last minute she is going to do something else and told me around 11 am. 

"Hey can you try to be back before the kids get out of school because I gotta back in H()()() because I gotta help K()()()() with some stuff and she gonna pick me up"

"ok"!

"Sorry but I had to leave already so you gotta be back by time the kids get out sorry K()()()() needed to get back"

"OK"!

So, now I had to go back, so I texted SD and said I will pick her up and she has a choice to go up to the hospital or go home. I didn't care either way... I am not sorry for the texts between me and SD because she knew about it yesterday.

Just venting

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:29 PM
well, the relationship between you and DH teenage daughter has been bad for quite some time.

but picking up DH from the ER...it might have made sense to pick up all the kids first and secure that, and find someone else to pick DH from the hospital?
loveiscrazy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:33 PM

He isn't in the ER. He is in the hospital 30 miles away, I have no one who would pick DH up, the HS isn't that far from our house and I had someone who suppose to pick the younger ones up but she bailed out. 

I get that out realtionship hasn't been very good but damn couldn't she just deal with it while I am juggling life?

Quoting pusheen-kitty: well, the relationship between you and DH teenage daughter has been bad for quite some time. but picking up DH from the ER...it might have made sense to pick up all the kids first and secure that, and find someone else to pick DH from the hospital?

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
your post said DH is in the ER and they admitted him.

Quoting loveiscrazy:

He isn't in the ER. He is in the hospital 30 miles away, I have no one who would pick DH up, the HS isn't that far from our house and I had someone who suppose to pick the younger ones up but she bailed out. 

I get that out realtionship hasn't been very good but damn couldn't she just deal with it while I am juggling life?

Quoting pusheen-kitty: well, the relationship between you and DH teenage daughter has been bad for quite some time.

but picking up DH from the ER...it might have made sense to pick up all the kids first and secure that, and find someone else to pick DH from the hospital?

luckyinlife
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 3:55 PM
4 moms liked this
Kids tend to not care about their abusive parents, nor should they have to figure out how to get home. Fucking a when are you going to start acting like an actual adult and stop expecting children to raise themselves?
pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
yeah, you can't treat any kid with disrespect or absolute dislike and not expect them to disrespect you

unless you expect them to be afraid of you. what leverage does the OP have in this situation? I took away the door to your room, so now ill board up your windows? you will never get feminine hygiene products again unless you get a job?

Quoting luckyinlife: Kids tend to not care about their abusive parents, nor should they have to figure out how to get home. Fucking a when are you going to start acting like an actual adult and stop expecting children to raise themselves?
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh for pity's sake.  This one is easy to figure out.  You pick up the kids from school, including SD, then you pick up DH from the hospital.  HE isn't a helpless child, HE can wait for the ADULT to do the ADULT and responsible thing and take care of the children first, including SD.  Then you can pick him up and take everyone home. 

It's truly not that difficult to figure this out.  It may not be ideal, you may wish to be 'there' with DH, but he's a big boy, he should be able to handle this if he's well enough to release.  Even if the hospital released him earlier than the kids are out of school, he can hang out in the cafeteria or the waiting room until you get there with the kids. 

SitaStJames
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:06 PM
My husband would be understanding if I had to pick up the kids first before going to get him.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:21 PM

I am not understanding why you are still interacting with this child, I wouldn't be living with someone I have this type of relationship, it isn't healthy for any of you.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:13 PM

yes because when the ER admits you=you end up upstairs...where?!

IN THE HOSPITAL...

Quoting pusheen-kitty: your post said DH is in the ER and they admitted him.
Quoting loveiscrazy:

Quoting pusheen-kitty: well, the relationship between you and DH teenage daughter has been bad for quite some time. but picking up DH from the ER...it might have made sense to pick up all the kids first and secure that, and find someone else to pick DH from the hospital?

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:52 PM
if he was admitted then d/c thankfully it wasn't an emergency situation.

Quoting Tigress22304:

yes because when the ER admits you=you end up upstairs...where?!

IN THE HOSPITAL...

Quoting pusheen-kitty: your post said DH is in the ER and they admitted him.

Quoting loveiscrazy:

Quoting pusheen-kitty: well, the relationship between you and DH teenage daughter has been bad for quite some time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)