Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm new to the group and just introducing myself. I'm Amanda I'm 21 years old and married to Shane who will be 38 this month. He has full and sole custody of his 5 year old son Bryson who is basically my son as well since his mother hasn't been involved in his life at all, his mom neglected him and had CPS called on her, they then gave my husband full and sole custody after all that. We have a daughter together as well who is going to be 2 and another baby on the way due in October. I love my life and love being a mommy. My stepson calls me mom and I have been raising him pretty much since he was 2 years old. Hope to get to know some other stepmom's in here.

Amanda

by on May. 16, 2017 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tiafez
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 2:29 PM

WElcome to the group Amanda. 

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome

(edited)  Take some time to get a feel for our group.  It's not for everyone but many like us.  :) 

We're a group made up of all sorts of people in various situations.  I'm a BM, I'm not a SM, my boys (14 and 19) have had their SM in their life for more than 10 years now.  There are a few other BM onlys in the group.  There are SM onlys (no bio kids of their own).  There are former SMs.  There are those who are both BM and SM.  We come from all walks of life.  We don't tend to sugar coat things when we feel strongly about an issue.  And, there are some who are on here only to 'warn' new posters about us.   Like I said, we are a group made up for all sorts of people and all sorts of situations.  :)

Boobear110
by Audra on May. 16, 2017 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group. You certainly have a lot on your plate . 

Katie6586
by Member on May. 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Hi Amanda!

Welcome to the group. I am in a similar situation. Hubby and I have sole custody of his 4 year old son and the bio-mom hasn't seen or spoken to him in almost a year. Being a custodial stepmom is hard but this group is nice because it helps you connect with others in your situation!

poison96
by New Member on May. 17, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Thanks. Yeah I know how that is with my stepson, he calls me mom all the time. I'm happy he looks to me as a mom it makes me feel good. His bio-mom was on drugs and she would go to the bar every night instead of watching her son. Well my husband has full custody of him now and he's in a much better place than he was. I'm happy I can talk to other mom's in my situation. 

Quoting Katie6586:

Hi Amanda!

Welcome to the group. I am in a similar situation. Hubby and I have sole custody of his 4 year old son and the bio-mom hasn't seen or spoken to him in almost a year. Being a custodial stepmom is hard but this group is nice because it helps you connect with others in your situation!

Katie6586
by Member on May. 17, 2017 at 11:44 AM

Yes, same here...pills and heroin. We knew we had to get custody when she was charged with neglect after he was found wondering around a parking lot alone! Poor baby. :( Also glad he is in a happy, healthy, stable environment now. I will add you as a friend! I just joined today too.

poison96
by New Member on May. 17, 2017 at 6:50 PM

Awww that sucks that's how it was with my stepson's mom she was on all kinds of drugs then he finally was able to get custody of him and that's when he got full and sole custody. I've been raising him for 3 years, he calls me mom which makes me feel good knowing that I'm doing a better job than his real mom and I have guardianship of him too.

Quoting Katie6586:

Yes, same here...pills and heroin. We knew we had to get custody when she was charged with neglect after he was found wondering around a parking lot alone! Poor baby. :( Also glad he is in a happy, healthy, stable environment now. I will add you as a friend! I just joined today too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)