Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My stepson is 5 years old. My husband has had full and sole custody of him since he was 18 months old. When I picked him up from school today he said hi mom to me and it made me feel pretty good. His mom will never be involved in his life again she was a drug addict and is in prison now. She started doing drugs after my husband and her broke up. I'm now pregnant with our second child together.

by on Jun. 12, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Replies (121-128):
poison96
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2017 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

After reading several replies here and having a talk with my husband we have decided that I will be adopting him. We put in for the adoption on Friday.

codysara
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
How long is bad sentence? A judge can deny the request if bm is against it.

Quoting poison96:

After reading several replies here and having a talk with my husband we have decided that I will be adopting him. We put in for the adoption on Friday.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM

If BM hasn't made contact with her child in the last year, you should be well on your way to being legally Mom. Good luck.

Quoting poison96:

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

poison96
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM

It's been about three years since she has had any contact with him.

Quoting leegirl_jm:

If BM hasn't made contact with her child in the last year, you should be well on your way to being legally Mom. Good luck.

Quoting poison96:

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Jul. 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM
Three years? Wow.

How long does the adoption take?

Quoting poison96:

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Quoting poison96:

poison96
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2017 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We're in the process now, hopefully not much longer.

Quoting pusheen-kitty: Three years? Wow. How long does the adoption take?
Quoting poison96:

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Quoting poison96:

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM

Good for all of you, it is overdue now.

Quoting poison96:

We're in the process now, hopefully not much longer.

Quoting pusheen-kitty: Three years? Wow. How long does the adoption take?
Quoting poison96:

Quoting leegirl_jm:

Quoting poison96:

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

Katie6586
by Member on Jul. 25, 2017 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!!! I hope all goes well.

Quoting poison96:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)