Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

since I'm in here

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM
  • 48 Replies

I'll leave this up for a bit and ask .. how are my ladies doing? what's new? what's the kiddos and skiddos up to? any vacay plans? anything new, exciting, sad, boring, fun, etc?

but most importantly, how are YOU? you as in you, not you the mom or you the stepmom... just plain YOU? how are you????

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 3:59 PM
4 moms liked this

and to be fair, I'll reply first. We are knee deep in garage sale prep. It's a go for this Friday/Saturday but if the weather doesn't play nice we'll do it next weekend.  Kids are good, oldest's wedding is fast approaching. I have until Oct. to fit into the dress I bought. Younger son and fiance are good, they just moved. SS is great, I like that kiddo a lot. He's working two jobs and spends his off time doing car guy stuff. Grandbaby is awesome. School ends for her this week and Tuesdays with Grandma Tia start soon!! And Rudy's loving life, as much as a spoiled rotten little doggy can ...

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Trying to get through this bout of depression

honestly this whole "i need to get better" shit is pissing me off

it's annoying so many say how I'm such a great mom-and I am SUPER WOMAN because I juggle so much shit

but deep down I'm 90% sure I'm fucking my kid up  and I'm failing at life. I know I'm not failing because I'm still alive-healthy and well.

I am restless anymore-I can NOT wait to move out of this house-ready to make some changes to our family

(PETS PEOPLE I WANT A DOG) and starting the next journey of my life.

hopefully life will align with the stars and sun and give me a good dose of luck.

Today is also the first day of summer with the kids without Dad being here (he's at work) they smell my fear lol

they're hiding in their bedroom plotting my demise....they're trying to RIOT on me!

(not really they're playing Mine Craft)

I'm just counting down til school starts up again for Princess.

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Things are ok here.  YDS14 just finished his freshman year of HS on Friday and is already back on campus because he's volunteered to join more groups at school and some work through summer.   It's frustrating for me because I don't get a 'summer break', I work year round, but apparently there are no single parents in our area, everyone has a SAHP who can drop off and pick up in the middle of the day at the drop of a hat or something.  Sigh.  His assignment (from me) at this meeting today is to find a ride to other gatherings.  :)  I can't take 2 or 3 'lunches' to shuttle him back and forth.  He was smart today, he asked if my SO could pick him up, take him to the meeting, and bring him back home afterwards.  This was a first, but he knows my SO is off today, and he was actually happy to do it.  YDS likes SO but this is a new step.  I like this.  :)  Besides this group, he's also involved in 2 others who will meet over the summer, on occasion anyway, and doing 2 sports camps (my non-athlete has found 2 sports he really likes!).  Other than the schedule (on my part), I'm thrilled for him!  He'll also be working the 'back to school' registration days (3 or 4 of them?  I can't remember now) but has no idea how he'll split his time between his various groups.  LOL   He's lamenting not getting to relax this summer YET he doesn't want to say NO to any of these things.  Shrug  Oh, well.  ;)  

ODS19 is home again.  He's finally working, part time, and claiming it's 'unfair'.  Oh well sweetheart, life is 'unfair' sometimes and being an adult SUCKS sometimes too.  Suck it up buttercup!  (this comes after a LOT of conversations about what he should/shouldn't be making a priority and why he needs to work, full time would be better/best, NOW!).  He's upset with me that I won't pay for his EC to continue.  Oh, well.  If it was truly as important to him as he claims it is/was, he'd work to make it happen too.  This is a tough time at home with him.  

I'm working, as always.  I don't get summer vacation.  I don't think I'm going on a summer trip this year either.  My BM is taking a road trip with one of her Sisters/BIL that we used to take a family trip with, I'm totally jealous of their trip, but if I tag along (I'm welcome to do so), that leaves YDS home alone for much of the time (not happening) and ODS home with him to misbehave (totally not happening).  I'd come back to just one kid and at this point, I'm not sure which one would survive, or if the house would still be standing.  (they are like oil and water, always have been)   I just don't see a way to go.    Besides, if i went, that wouldn't leave me any vacation days to take with SO come the fall/winter time.  As much as I'd enjoy the trip with my BM and aunt/uncle (I really do enjoy traveling with them!  They're all great company!), it's not worth it to me to give that time with SO up.  :)  

SO and I are doing very well.  Now that I'm not paying as much for ODS19, I need to rework my budget and change some things up.  I'm making small changes (moving money/debt around a bit) to make things a bit easier to follow and hopefully (!!!) pay things off sooner, we'll see.  ODS should be going to our local community college some August/September, should being the operative word.  That's today's plan, tomorrow could change.  ;)  (ah, to be 19 and young and clueless again.. nope, wait, I NEVER want to go back to that age again!  LOL)    Work is busy, time with SO is limited but nice, kids are healthy (and I haven't pushed either out onto freeway traffic so that's good); can't ask for much more.  :)  

codysara
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 7:27 PM
I miss MY kids.. they are having there 13 day vacation with their dad and I am missing them like fucking crazy! I do get them Wednesday, so I'm really looking forward to that.
Nephew (19 on the 24th) starts pre R.A.S.P tomorrow still in Georgia. He got DH concert tickets for father's day to Dropkick Murphy and Rancid.
Niece (17) has joined a new swim team and goes to check out UofA tomorrow.
Ss (11) has taken huge steps backwards, he is getting violent again, out of control, entitled. He held his 6 year old cousin underwater pinching him, because 6 year old accidently kicked him.
DH has been working a ton of hours, yet we find time to argue, mainly over his lack of parenting.
I too seem to be stuck in a mild depression right now. We are in a crazy heat advisory, so getting out and active is not even an option to help battle it. I couldn't even visit my dad's grave yesterday because of the heat and the cars AC is not working properly.
I hope this is a small rut, soon ending.
WickedPissah
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM
Procrastinating as always.

I have a big box of ostomy supplies in my backseat that I need to ship off to this lady in Arkansas.

I'm de-cluttering. God help the people who will be going through my stuff when I kick the bucket lol.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:45 PM
Didn't know you were struggling.

Reach out.

I'm struggling with feeling old and obsolete in my failing job search. Starting to weigh on me.

Fucking Mondays suck.

Quoting Tigress22304:

it's annoying so many say how I'm such a great mom-and I am SUPER WOMAN because I juggle so much shit

but deep down I'm 90% sure I'm fucking my kid up  and I'm failing at life. I know I'm not failing because I'm still alive-healthy and well.

I am restless anymore-I can NOT wait to move out of this house-ready to make some changes to our family

hopefully life will align with the stars and sun and give me a good dose of luck.

Today is also the first day of summer with the kids without Dad being here (he's at work) they smell my fear lol

they're hiding in their bedroom plotting my demise....they're trying to RIOT on me!

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:49 PM
My mom prepared for her death for 20 years. And cleaning out her house still took forever!

DH and I are having a staycation to start prepping the Portland house to rent. I've lived here 24 years. But I'm tired of job searching in seattle from Portland and I'm tired of living in two homes. It's been 8 years. Enough.

Quoting WickedPissah: Procrastinating as always.

I have a big box of ostomy supplies in my backseat that I need to ship off to this lady in Arkansas.

I'm de-cluttering. God help the people who will be going through my stuff when I kick the bucket lol.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Not 20 years, 10 years.

Quoting pdxmum: My mom prepared for her death for 20 years. And cleaning out her house still took forever!

DH and I are having a staycation to start prepping the Portland house to rent. I've lived here 24 years. But I'm tired of job searching in seattle from Portland and I'm tired of living in two homes. It's been 8 years. Enough.

Quoting WickedPissah: Procrastinating as always.

jkp027
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:54 PM
So sorry Cody, it must be in the air. Everyone seems to be struggling with problems and depression. I hope you find your happy place soon and I'm here if you need to talk :)

Quoting codysara: I miss MY kids.. they are having there 13 day vacation with their dad and I am missing them like fucking crazy! I do get them Wednesday, so I'm really looking forward to that.
Nephew (19 on the 24th) starts pre R.A.S.P tomorrow still in Georgia. He got DH concert tickets for father's day to Dropkick Murphy and Rancid.
Niece (17) has joined a new swim team and goes to check out UofA tomorrow.
Ss (11) has taken huge steps backwards, he is getting violent again, out of control, entitled. He held his 6 year old cousin underwater pinching him, because 6 year old accidently kicked him.
DH has been working a ton of hours, yet we find time to argue, mainly over his lack of parenting.
I too seem to be stuck in a mild depression right now. We are in a crazy heat advisory, so getting out and active is not even an option to help battle it. I couldn't even visit my dad's grave yesterday because of the heat and the cars AC is not working properly.
I hope this is a small rut, soon ending.
jkp027
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:55 PM
Hope things are better for you soon. Don't let the kids drive you too crazy lol

Quoting Tigress22304:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)