Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 year old dyed hair for wedding?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:37 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hello there! I'm new on here... so I needed some input/advice on what some of you think.

My fiancé has 2 other kids.. and we have 1 together. My soon to be step daughter is 9, at the beginning of summer break her mom let her dye the tips of her hair, it's about 4 inches that is dyed and she dyed it blue, but with her blonde hair it looks green, anyways, my fiancé and I are getting married in a few weeks, and I really don't want her hair green for our pictures.. I know it's not her whole head that is green but I still don't like it and don't think she should have it for the wedding. I haven't said anything to my fiancé about it yet. But the real issue is my step daughters mom. we've had lots of issues with her about lots of stuff, and I feel like when we say something about not wanting her hair dyed that she'll freak out and say it's not big deal. Cause usually that's her response for stuff...
so opinions please?!? Thanks!
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaloSue
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry but bleaching and dying young children hair is absolutely crazy to me.

It destroys the hair. I have 4 DDS adults and over a dozen granddaughters. None are allowed until their adults and they can make adult decisions.
My oldest Granddaughter 20 did hers looks terrible lol.
And for a wedding. No no no.
You could tell Biomom she can redo it after the wedding and get it done blonde for the wedding?
NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 3:25 AM
7 moms liked this

I think you need to let this one go.  It's just hair.  It's a moment in time and at the moment, she has green hair.

If you want to have a cordial relationship with the stepdaughter's mom (and you should want that), then don't overstep your boundaries.  This child is not yours and you don't get a vote regarding her hair.

My daughter (high school age) currently has pink hair and I HATE it, but it's just hair.  It's not worth fighting about.

I hope you can get the focus back onto your wedding and your impending marriage and not let this little thing bug you.

Good luck.

flaquitabss
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt say a thing. She isnt your child. However, I would tell the photographer to edit her hair to normal
Colors for the pictures. That you can control over. Good luck!
codysara
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:18 AM
WTF? Do you have any clue how much editing costs?

Quoting flaquitabss: I wouldnt say a thing. She isnt your child. However, I would tell the photographer to edit her hair to normal
Colors for the pictures. That you can control over. Good luck!
codysara
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:20 AM
Does dad have equal rights? He should dye it during his time before the wedding. To reflect what he wants. Normal or not, his wedding.
Valentina327
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 4:29 AM
12 moms liked this
Don't ask her to make a permanent change. It's only 1 day.

Just have her hair done in an updo that tucks the ends in. Very simple and no one knows the difference.
anonomomma
by Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:47 AM
3 moms liked this
This. I would not start out my marriage with a hair war with SD and her Mom.

Quoting Valentina327: Don't ask her to make a permanent change. It's only 1 day.

Just have her hair done in an updo that tucks the ends in. Very simple and no one knows the difference.
BlondeMama18
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM
Thanks everyone !
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM

I would just have her hair putin an up do, the colored parts of her hair wouldn't be 100% visible, and that way it is less stress and no war with BM

WickedPissah
by 2Sexy4MyStoma on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting anonomomma: This. I would not start out my marriage with a hair war with SD and her Mom.

Quoting Valentina327: Don't ask her to make a permanent change. It's only 1 day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)