Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intimidated by taller stepdaughter?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2017 at 8:35 AM
  • 38 Replies
Any mom here ever felt intimidated by taller step daughter ?
I am 4'11 and 13 year old is 5'7.
Yesterday she borrowed a friend of mines high heels for a joke and then they asked me to stand up next to her: i felt so tiny and intimidated by her stature!
Happened to anybody ?
by on Sep. 15, 2017 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fedupmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you serious? At 4'11 many people are taller than you. Do they all intimidate you as well?
Tinyeva
by Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 8:51 AM
You are right, many people are taller than me being 4´11... only difference is i am not supposed to be confronted to them when i have to dicipline them ;-)
fedupmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Does she do things to intimidate you other than being taller than you?

Quoting Tinyeva: You are right, many people are taller than me being 4´11... only difference is i am not supposed to be confronted to them when i have to dicipline them ;-)
AmaliaD
by on Sep. 15, 2017 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
You shouldn't be expected to discipline your step kid.
AmaliaD
by on Sep. 15, 2017 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
And I have taught kids who are bigger than me.
WickedPissah
by 2Sexy4MyStoma on Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:04 AM
What are you afraid of?

Quoting Tinyeva: You are right, many people are taller than me being 4´11... only difference is i am not supposed to be confronted to them when i have to dicipline them ;-)
minimoo
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I have too. When I was teaching at a middle school, all of my students were taller than me. I built a relationship and established rapport and respect, and they would do anything for me. I'm back in elementary where (most) of the kids are shorter than me lol. My own dd is taller than me and my middle one is catching up. I am not intimidated by them. They respect me, know I'm in charge, and know what's expected of them.

OP, how long have you been married? What is the custody arrangement.

Quoting AmaliaD: And I have taught kids who are bigger than me.
Tinyeva
by Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Well not really
It is just that yesterday with the heels on it was very impressive... i felt so tiny, for instance she had me sitting on her laps my feet dangling in the air

Quoting fedupmama: Does she do things to intimidate you other than being taller than you?

Tinyeva
by Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 11:19 AM
You girls are so strong, i wish i had your confidence!

Quoting minimoo: I have too. When I was teaching at a middle school, all of my students were taller than me. I built a relationship and established rapport and respect, and they would do anything for me. I'm back in elementary where (most) of the kids are shorter than me lol. My own dd is taller than me and my middle one is catching up. I am not intimidated by them. They respect me, know I'm in charge, and know what's expected of them.

OP, how long have you been married? What is the custody arrangement.

Quoting AmaliaD: And I have taught kids who are bigger than me.
fedupmama
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:22 PM
2 moms liked this
So you have no reason to be intimidated than. I am not tall, I teach high school and some of my students are more than a foot taller than me. They also know I am the teacher and I will not put up with disrespect. I have no problems with them. Perhaps you need to work on your self confidence if you are easily intimidated by this.

Quoting Tinyeva: Well not really
It is just that yesterday with the heels on it was very impressive... i felt so tiny, for instance she had me sitting on her laps my feet dangling in the air

Quoting fedupmama: Does she do things to intimidate you other than being taller than you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)