Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am really disliking ss

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2017 at 3:11 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ok. He is mostly awesome. But, can't rush or get ready in time. Spends 30 minutes putting on shoes. When I say, time to go, he starts unpacking his backpack, to rearrange. Umm no, ss has already not made a lunch, brushed teeth, done patch, exercise, filled water bottles.
by on Oct. 29, 2017 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2017 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Girl that's DD13 she's up at 6am-her bus comes at 7:45am.

All she has to do is get dressed.

And every day she is Sooooooooooo slow getting out the door.

Maybe set timers?

Do prep the night before?

Aoife_Of_2
by Member on Nov. 6, 2017 at 8:19 AM
I have a OCD 9 year old and literally everything is lined up perfectly the night before.

Outfits are arranged by day(he irons them before hanging them up), socks and boxers in a basket by day, backpack in his locker all packed ready to go, shoes under backpack in locker, jacket hanging up in locker, hair products and bath items lined up to go, meds lined up and laid out on top of their containers, he packs his own lunch the night before too and his snack. Heaven forbid the person who messes up his order he gets very upset. Even the bus driver shows up on the dot at 6:20.

Gets up at 6 a.m out the the door at 6:20 a.m. All I do is make sure he's awake and basically sit in my rocking chair on the porch drinking my coffee. Just waiting for him to come outside for the bus. Lol
TrashCanCrouch
by on Nov. 6, 2017 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Teach him time management skills. Write all his tasks down in order with a time limit and set timers. No lunch on time, out the door without a lunch, no shoes on, ok I guess you go shoeless today..
codysara
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:39 AM
We have tried that, he even has reminders posted all over.
It has now gotten to if he is late out the door, and late for school, that i won't go in and excuse him. Which unexcused can lead to detentions.

Quoting TrashCanCrouch: Teach him time management skills. Write all his tasks down in order with a time limit and set timers. No lunch on time, out the door without a lunch, no shoes on, ok I guess you go shoeless today..
TrashCanCrouch
by on Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:43 AM
It’s natural but it needs to be paired with another punishment at home. Every late he goes to bed an hour early or loses tv, computer or whatever it is he does after school. If he gets a detention than it’s a bigger consequence. 2 weeks being grounded or something.

Quoting codysara: We have tried that, he even has reminders posted all over.
It has now gotten to if he is late out the door, and late for school, that i won't go in and excuse him. Which unexcused can lead to detentions.

Quoting TrashCanCrouch: Teach him time management skills. Write all his tasks down in order with a time limit and set timers. No lunch on time, out the door without a lunch, no shoes on, ok I guess you go shoeless today..
codysara
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2017 at 11:50 AM
Unfortunately early bedtimes don't work. He is overweight and does wrestling in the evenings. Withholding physical exercise is not any option as he would prefer to not go most days.

Quoting TrashCanCrouch: It’s natural but it needs to be paired with another punishment at home. Every late he goes to bed an hour early or loses tv, computer or whatever it is he does after school. If he gets a detention than it’s a bigger consequence. 2 weeks being grounded or something.

Quoting codysara: We have tried that, he even has reminders posted all over.

the-sky-dancer
by Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 2:59 PM
Slap him
Boobear110
by Audra on Nov. 10, 2017 at 7:37 PM
2 moms liked this

That seems reasonable 

Quoting the-sky-dancer: Slap him

the-sky-dancer
by Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 8:41 AM
Says the person kissing an 80 year old man

Quoting codysara: You are wasting your talents as a stripper, yippy should definitely be a family counselor with all your awesome advice!

Quoting the-sky-dancer: Slap him
Ms_Smock
by Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My step son used to be like that but I just worked with him and now it's fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)