Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to deal with the controlling eyes of your SK relatives

Posted by   + Show Post
Last summer, I went with my husband , his sister and her granddaughter (7yrs) and my step kids for a picnic near the lake. The kids started playing 12, 9 and 10. One of the kids took a big tree branch and started following the other kids. I told my husbands sister and my husband that’s might harm the kids or they might hit each other by mistake. His sister look at me and answered in a very ironic voice “ just relax , nothing will happen to them” . I felt that she does not want me to interfere with the Kids playing way. As she just finished her comment , one of the kids hit by mistake my SD face and she started to cry. When the aunt saw this happens , she started to talk loud to cover the girls cry. I felt so stupid and humiliated. She just does not want to proof that I’m right about the possibility of this branch to hit the kids. I swear since summer I feel so bad when I just remember this .

Recently, this aunt became the mediator between my husband and his ex as they can’t contact directly due to the order of protection and other issues. As she is the mediator, she started to know a lot about us , about our plans and the what the kids tell their mom about me and our home. She started to intefere with many details when she convey a message from kids mom to my husband.

I’m not kind of person that immediately deal with sour situations. That kills me and keep me thinking and worrying

What would you do if you are in my place
by on Nov. 13, 2017 at 11:31 PM
Replies (11-13):
minimoo
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Why is there an order of protection?
hotspice58
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

This.  Especially the wine part!!  But definitely do not use family as a mediator... 

Quoting Tigress22304: Stock up on wine. Personally I wouldn’t use family as a go between. I’ve seen so much go wrong because of it. If your DH and his ex cant communicate-try an app or stick to email. I would have issues with the in laws being all up in my business.

ora120
by Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 3:13 PM
She made false report that he is threading her. Now the order of protection is not active. Yet he does not trust her as she trying to but him in trouble always. She accused him that he tried to kill her by marking her nick with scratches . Then all investigations did not find any one small single evident that she did is right. The DNA test also proved that she lied

Quoting minimoo: Why is there an order of protection?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)