Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I do not trust sd in my house alone for Thanksgiving vacation

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 9:07 AM
  • 28 Replies
My dh said that he has to work from Thanksgiving all the way until Sunday. BM called last night asking him to get sd for Thanksgiving break and dh agreed that she can come over. With dh working sd (12 years old) will be alone in the house for four days because I'm going out of the city with my family. I do not trust sd for many reasons one reason is her stealing. She's stolen things from my daughter including her clothes. The other reason is her going through my things. Back in July a few days before my daughter's birthday I got her a bunch of presents I took the presents and hid them far in the back of my closet behind a huge suitcase. When I had an appointment the next day dh left sd in the house for two hours while he ran errands. While he was out sd went through my room and closet. I know because things were out of place and I have an extra purse that I sometimes carry around with me that have mints, change, lip stick and other things in it when I came home the purse was empited out and my things were everywhere. That night my daughter came to me upset telling me that sd ruined the surprise by telling her every single birthday present that I bought for her. I told dh and he talked to sd which sd lied saying she didn't tell my daughter anything.
I know people will say why not take sd with you to spend Thanksgiving with your family? Would you take someone who steals around your family? If she's stealing from my daughter and going through my things what make you guys think she'll behave around my family?
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superbutt
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM
Take her and watch her every move.
codysara
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 9:44 AM
6 moms liked this
If dh isn't going to be home, put a lock on the door to your bedroom and dd bedroom.

What kind of parents leave a child alone for 4 days over a holiday?
MommeeOfOne
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Why didn't he tell bm no, that he wouldn't be home and you will be out of town??
Get a baby sitter and put locks on dd and your bedroom doors.
DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:56 PM
Whose holiday is it supposed to be?
andreamarie
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell bm yourself you will not me home and dh will be working, that stepdaughter cannot stay home alone for her own safety.
A 1w year old left alone for 4 days is just insane.
Tell dh you are putting your door down and mean it.
Omg. Anything could go wrong.
Her behavior because of her age is irrelavent.
This is just insane.
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this
You are not leaving A 12 yr old home alone for that long are u? For Christ sake tell mom nobody is going to be home so other arrangements need to be made. Only an asshole would leave her alone over a holiday or a long period of time.
ZapharineRose
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:06 AM
Dh already knew I had plans so that's his responsibility to tell BM. I told dh my plans to leave ahead of time before BM even called. I also told him to ask his job for those days off so that he can spend that time with his daughter. One thing I've never understood about stepparenting is why does the responsibility of the child automatically falls on the step parent? Dh said yes she could come over so dh should be the one responsible for her.

Quoting Oliviasmom72: You are not leaving A 12 yr old home alone for that long are u? For Christ sake tell mom nobody is going to be home so other arrangements need to be made. Only an asshole would leave her alone over a holiday or a long period of time.
ZapharineRose
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:36 AM
I asked dh what was the point of saying she could come over if he isn't going to spend time with her he's going to have to call off work because that's their quality time to spend together.

Quoting codysara: If dh isn't going to be home, put a lock on the door to your bedroom and dd bedroom.

What kind of parents leave a child alone for 4 days over a holiday?
cookmom69
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My sd is 32 and do not trust her in my house.

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Dad gets a baby sitter or takes off from work

Total fail from dad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)