Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM
  • 28 Replies

CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!

Okay so it's that magical time of year when BM and I have the kids write up their lists for Santa.

Once again SD16 does not disappoint.

Top of the list:iPhone X. She then goes on to list several other pricey items that are well over $200-300 a piece.

yeah that's not happening. BM asked her for lower price ideas (let's be honest this girl has everything and anything) Cue the dramatics and tears and snot flying because mean ol' mom can't/won't pony up $1000 on a phone.

I told her to get a grip-and get real because if she wants that phone-she should pay for it herself. She works 2 twos-if she saved-she could have had that phone.

Nope she rather somebody else buy it for her.

BM talked her down to a 7 plus. but if SD wants that X-she either needs to save half the money or just buy it herself.

From us-she just wants $100. DEAL and I get to freeze it in a ball of water. GO ME!

This kid is super easy-every year she asks for ONE thing-just that one thing-nothing more please-and even if we buy her more-NO THANKS just want the one thing.

Easy peasy.

princess (DD13) baseball bat/baseballs/duct tape and gorilla glue was on her list.

Sadly she's only getting the baseball stuff. I've spent a ridiculous amount on her stuff. But she's worth it.

SS11:just give me a new headset with a mic and a PS4 game card worth like $25 I'm good.

Again wth do you buy the kid that has everything? So he's getting gaming stuff for the PS4-bought him the new Need for Speed deluxe-he's getting a bunch of game cards-oh and bath bombs. He specifically asked for bath bombs.

So ladies....did you start the holiday madness yet? Are you done? Not even celebrating?

by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 2:51 PM

I've started but not so much for the boys.  YDS15 has a ridiculous list, as always, but fortunately also knows enough to be 'dream' stuff down and 'reality' stuff as well.  A LOT of gift cards on there, thankfully.  Some other specifics as well (link to the site specific stuff).  Some are still expensive.  Some he just won't get.  LOl 

ODS19 has no list, but at this point I think he'll just be good if he can live at home still.  

Us adults FINALLY decided to just exchange cards this year, no gifts, so I only have to buy for my mom/xMIL from the boys, oh, and my mom and SIL for their January birthdays.  LOL  (I can do after Christmas sales for them though, thankfully!).  I'm hoping to talk SO and his family into the same, no gifts, just cards.  We'll see.  

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM

ahhh another dream list

BM told her kids

Write what you want in the order you want

MUST HAVE NEED IT NOW

to

I'll be happy if I got this but I can live without

I got no list-just demands for money.

This year everybody's getting gift cards

Fuck shopping I hate it.

Quoting jules2boys:

I've started but not so much for the boys.  YDS15 has a ridiculous list, as always, but fortunately also knows enough to be 'dream' stuff down and 'reality' stuff as well.  A LOT of gift cards on there, thankfully.  Some other specifics as well (link to the site specific stuff).  Some are still expensive.  Some he just won't get.  LOl 

ODS19 has no list, but at this point I think he'll just be good if he can live at home still.  

Us adults FINALLY decided to just exchange cards this year, no gifts, so I only have to buy for my mom/xMIL from the boys, oh, and my mom and SIL for their January birthdays.  LOL  (I can do after Christmas sales for them though, thankfully!).  I'm hoping to talk SO and his family into the same, no gifts, just cards.  We'll see.  

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate shopping too.  Never have liked it.  (I don't have that gene. LOL)  

I've tried that sort of list before with the boys.  Didn't work.  I kept having to explain that want and need were NOT interchangeable! LOL  

Quoting Tigress22304:

ahhh another dream list

BM told her kids

MUST HAVE NEED IT NOW

to

Fuck shopping I hate it.

Quoting jules2boys:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Now do you understand why I start my shopping in september?!

Thank GOD for Amazon Prime!!!

Quoting jules2boys:

I hate shopping too.  Never have liked it.  (I don't have that gene. LOL)  

I've tried that sort of list before with the boys.  Didn't work.  I kept having to explain that want and need were NOT interchangeable! LOL  

Quoting Tigress22304:

ahhh another dream list

BM told her kids

MUST HAVE NEED IT NOW

to

Fuck shopping I hate it.

Quoting jules2boys:

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! Done shopping for all the kids, just have a few people left on my list now.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I’m going to need Amazon to make this a thing lol 😜
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 5:44 AM
2 moms liked this
THis is why I am happy Honey switched to day shift 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quoting Leigh84:

Mobile Photo

I’m going to need Amazon to make this a thing lol 😜
Calamity4e
by Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM

SD 21 (Senior in college) and SS 19 (college sophomore) mostly just want/need cash. I’m giving each of them a couple hundred cash, $100 gift card to the grocery store, and I’ll take DD’s 9 and 11 shopping so they can each buy a little something to give to each of them. We managed to get both SD and SS their own cars (used of course) this past summer and we are taking care of all the expenses for those along with paying the bulk of their tuition and living expenses. We told them when we got the cars that those were partly an early Christmas present.

I am guessing that DH will likely give each of them cash as well and maybe some small gift.

DD 11 is getting a super nice crush velvet chair for her room and a couple accessories for her keyboard; a chrome book, probably some clothes, a couple gift cards, and other small filler gifts.

DD 9 is getting an electric guitar (she’s been taking lessons for nearly 2-years), a chrome book, probably some clothes, a couple gift cards, and other small filler gifts.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM

are DD 11 & 9 at all girly-like into hair nails and stuff like that? If so-check Amazon-I got DD13 a few beauty items for dirty cheap.

Quoting Calamity4e:

SD 21 (Senior in college) and SS 19 (college sophomore) mostly just want/need cash. I’m giving each of them a couple hundred cash, $100 gift card to the grocery store, and I’ll take DD’s 9 and 11 shopping so they can each buy a little something to give to each of them. We managed to get both SD and SS their own cars (used of course) this past summer and we are taking care of all the expenses for those along with paying the bulk of their tuition and living expenses. We told them when we got the cars that those were partly an early Christmas present.

I am guessing that DH will likely give each of them cash as well and maybe some small gift.

DD 11 is getting a super nice crush velvet chair for her room and a couple accessories for her keyboard; a chrome book, probably some clothes, a couple gift cards, and other small filler gifts.

DD 9 is getting an electric guitar (she’s been taking lessons for nearly 2-years), a chrome book, probably some clothes, a couple gift cards, and other small filler gifts.

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 3:06 PM

Sounds like you've got your end under control.  Sounds like BM is gonna have her hands full.  

What's with these kids these days thinking it's ok to ask for a $1,000.00 item?  I'd have never DREAMED of asking my parents for something like that when I was 16.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)