Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!

Okay so it's that magical time of year when BM and I have the kids write up their lists for Santa.

Once again SD16 does not disappoint.

Top of the list:iPhone X. She then goes on to list several other pricey items that are well over $200-300 a piece.

yeah that's not happening. BM asked her for lower price ideas (let's be honest this girl has everything and anything) Cue the dramatics and tears and snot flying because mean ol' mom can't/won't pony up $1000 on a phone.

I told her to get a grip-and get real because if she wants that phone-she should pay for it herself. She works 2 twos-if she saved-she could have had that phone.

Nope she rather somebody else buy it for her.

BM talked her down to a 7 plus. but if SD wants that X-she either needs to save half the money or just buy it herself.

From us-she just wants $100. DEAL and I get to freeze it in a ball of water. GO ME!

This kid is super easy-every year she asks for ONE thing-just that one thing-nothing more please-and even if we buy her more-NO THANKS just want the one thing.

Easy peasy.

princess (DD13) baseball bat/baseballs/duct tape and gorilla glue was on her list.

Sadly she's only getting the baseball stuff. I've spent a ridiculous amount on her stuff. But she's worth it.

SS11:just give me a new headset with a mic and a PS4 game card worth like $25 I'm good.

Again wth do you buy the kid that has everything? So he's getting gaming stuff for the PS4-bought him the new Need for Speed deluxe-he's getting a bunch of game cards-oh and bath bombs. He specifically asked for bath bombs.

So ladies....did you start the holiday madness yet? Are you done? Not even celebrating?

by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Replies (21-28):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 3:54 PM

how does that happen?!

Quoting SeakingPeace:

That's hysterical!!!! I could just picture the kids snooping through the attic for gifts!!!  LOL

The only problem with me hiding gifts all year long is...Sometimes I don't find them until AFTER Christmas!  LOL

Quoting Tigress22304:

that sounds like a good idea-I wish I could do that however its not doable.

I already caught SS11 and DD13 in the attic where I hid their stuff rummaging through my wares.

I think if we do move by June-maybe I'll have a better hiding spot and can do a better Christmas.

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Well....technically....she did!  

I listen to her all year long and when she mentions something that she likes, I find it.  LONG BEFORE CHRISTMAS!  LOL

holding cloth bag

Quoting Tigress22304:

Nobody gave you a list?!

OOOOH YOU BRAVE!

Quoting SeakingPeace:

I'm done all my shopping and everything is wrapped. 

Ahhhhhh!!! ----I'm loving it! 

on vacation

And nobody gave me a list of demands either.  

woohoo

Quoting Tigress22304:

ahhh another dream list

BM told her kids

Write what you want in the order you want

MUST HAVE NEED IT NOW

to

I'll be happy if I got this but I can live without

I got no list-just demands for money.

This year everybody's getting gift cards

Fuck shopping I hate it.

Quoting jules2boys:

I've started but not so much for the boys.  YDS15 has a ridiculous list, as always, but fortunately also knows enough to be 'dream' stuff down and 'reality' stuff as well.  A LOT of gift cards on there, thankfully.  Some other specifics as well (link to the site specific stuff).  Some are still expensive.  Some he just won't get.  LOl 

ODS19 has no list, but at this point I think he'll just be good if he can live at home still.  

Us adults FINALLY decided to just exchange cards this year, no gifts, so I only have to buy for my mom/xMIL from the boys, oh, and my mom and SIL for their January birthdays.  LOL  (I can do after Christmas sales for them though, thankfully!).  I'm hoping to talk SO and his family into the same, no gifts, just cards.  We'll see.  

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 4:05 PM

When I run out of room in my ONE closet, I go to another.  When I go to retrieve them all from ALL locations...and I miss a gift! Then, about 6 months after Christmas, I move something around in the closet and I FIND it!  LOL.

One Christmas, I found a barnyard playset for my daughter hidden in the downstairs bathroom closet...almost a FULL YEAR LATER!!!!  LOL!  (Since Gomer Pyle died today, I'll use one of HIS lines..."Surprise!  Surprise!  Surprise!") 

Quoting Tigress22304:

how does that happen?!

Quoting SeakingPeace:

That's hysterical!!!! I could just picture the kids snooping through the attic for gifts!!!  LOL

The only problem with me hiding gifts all year long is...Sometimes I don't find them until AFTER Christmas!  LOL

Quoting Tigress22304:

that sounds like a good idea-I wish I could do that however its not doable.

I already caught SS11 and DD13 in the attic where I hid their stuff rummaging through my wares.

I think if we do move by June-maybe I'll have a better hiding spot and can do a better Christmas.

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Well....technically....she did!  

I listen to her all year long and when she mentions something that she likes, I find it.  LONG BEFORE CHRISTMAS!  LOL

holding cloth bag

Quoting Tigress22304:

Nobody gave you a list?!

OOOOH YOU BRAVE!

Quoting SeakingPeace:

I'm done all my shopping and everything is wrapped. 

Ahhhhhh!!! ----I'm loving it! 

on vacation

And nobody gave me a list of demands either.  

woohoo

Quoting Tigress22304:

ahhh another dream list

BM told her kids

Write what you want in the order you want

MUST HAVE NEED IT NOW

to

I'll be happy if I got this but I can live without

I got no list-just demands for money.

This year everybody's getting gift cards

Fuck shopping I hate it.

Quoting jules2boys:

I've started but not so much for the boys.  YDS15 has a ridiculous list, as always, but fortunately also knows enough to be 'dream' stuff down and 'reality' stuff as well.  A LOT of gift cards on there, thankfully.  Some other specifics as well (link to the site specific stuff).  Some are still expensive.  Some he just won't get.  LOl 

ODS19 has no list, but at this point I think he'll just be good if he can live at home still.  

Us adults FINALLY decided to just exchange cards this year, no gifts, so I only have to buy for my mom/xMIL from the boys, oh, and my mom and SIL for their January birthdays.  LOL  (I can do after Christmas sales for them though, thankfully!).  I'm hoping to talk SO and his family into the same, no gifts, just cards.  We'll see.  

SeakingPeace
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 4:10 PM

That's great that she's got a job.  I remember you saying before that she's a good student, too.  She sounds like a good kid...just with RICH TASTE!  :)  She'll be ok, though, I'm sure.  She's got YOU in her corner!

Quoting Tigress22304:

well that's why she wanted to get a job.

her stepsister has a job-2 actually and buys herself everything. bought her first car this year-pays for everything herself. her father and BM haven't paid shit for her since she was 16.

however BM is against SD working. She feels SD16 should focus on school and grades. now she started working this summer at McDonalds-and she's a mother's helper. She still maintains a top GPA so obviously she can work and do school with no issue.

problem is sd doesn't save money. she spends it as fast as she can

Quoting SeakingPeace:

If all the parents stick to their guns on this, she just may learn a valuable lesson here!  I know you've often said that sd has expensive taste.  What better time than the present for her to start funding that expensive taste!  :)

Quoting Tigress22304:

well that's what BM's boyfriend said-sd16 can put up $500 and between the 4 of the parents we'll come up with the rest.

No she didn't want to do that. smh

she can boo hoo all she wants-she's not getting that phone

Quoting SeakingPeace:

As always, I love the way you think!

I think SD16, if she wants that $1,000.00 phone, should pay at least 50% of its cost, too.  I think when kids have to work for the things they want, they appreciate them more!

You go, Tigress!

Quoting Tigress22304:

SD16 always was outrageous with her requests

BM's stepdaughter 18 just bought an X-well she paid for it-not her dad not Bm nobody but the SD18.

Well MY sd is pissed because she wants one too but instead of saving her money like SD18 did-she just expects somebody to buy it for her.

hell no my parents didnt even spend $1000 total on Christmas!

I'm nearly 40 and I still do not ask for pricey shit!

Quoting SeakingPeace:

Sounds like you've got your end under control.  Sounds like BM is gonna have her hands full.  

What's with these kids these days thinking it's ok to ask for a $1,000.00 item?  I'd have never DREAMED of asking my parents for something like that when I was 16.  

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

WE did that a couple years ago with the Captain's siblings, Mom, and my brother. No gifts. One brother gave anyway but we reminded him NO GIFTS! Hopefully this year will go smoothly. We do each give a plate (s,all plate) of Christmas cookies so yea! 

My kids are adults, so is SS. Sothey each get a fgfts bag full of small stuff I buy all year. The two girls get fun house stuff, the boy adults each get a t-shirt, pj bottoms, and things to play with because grown men like things like potato guns and silly putty too ;)

But the granddaughter... her I buy a ton for. 

And the Mr and I as always, give each other the gift of joy...baseball season ticket!

Quoting jules2boys:

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 8:43 PM
Tia, I'd like to be you when I grow up.

Quoting tiafez:

WE did that a couple years ago with the Captain's siblings, Mom, and my brother. No gifts. One brother gave anyway but we reminded him NO GIFTS! Hopefully this year will go smoothly. We do each give a plate (s,all plate) of Christmas cookies so yea! 

My kids are adults, so is SS. Sothey each get a fgfts bag full of small stuff I buy all year. The two girls get fun house stuff, the boy adults each get a t-shirt, pj bottoms, and things to play with because grown men like things like potato guns and silly putty too ;)

And the Mr and I as always, give each other the gift of joy...baseball season ticket!

Quoting jules2boys:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 9:21 PM
Speaking of baseball Ms Fez

Would you like to know what your grand Princess subjected me to all day today?!

Mhmmm BASEBALL
Actual baseball
🤦🏻‍♀️

Quoting tiafez:

Quoting jules2boys:

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 11:53 AM

she obviously takes after my side of the family. baseball = happy!! 

Quoting Tigress22304: Speaking of baseball Ms Fez Would you like to know what your grand Princess subjected me to all day today?! Mhmmm BASEBALL Actual baseball 🤦🏻‍♀️
Quoting tiafez:

Quoting jules2boys:

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2017 at 12:20 PM

sidesplittinglaughteryaeh she was certainly happy happy happy yesterday

using her back scratcher as a baseball bat and the bouncy balls as baseballs

Quoting tiafez:

she obviously takes after my side of the family. baseball = happy!! 

Quoting Tigress22304: Speaking of baseball Ms Fez Would you like to know what your grand Princess subjected me to all day today?! Mhmmm BASEBALL Actual baseball 🤦🏻‍♀️
Quoting tiafez:

Quoting jules2boys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)