Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so, how was your Christmas really?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 10:01 AM
  • 24 Replies

be honest, did it go well? wasit better than you thought it would be? did it all go to hell? 

how was it really?

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Other than dh having to work, it went really well. Ss19 was home, so bm invited us over for Christmas dinner. That’s not something we usually do but all went well. Dh’s granddaughter was there. She’s only 3 months old. She fell asleep on me and was so adorable.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM
Can I ask why she is not your granddaughter also?

Quoting Leigh84: Other than dh having to work, it went really well. Ss19 was home, so bm invited us over for Christmas dinner. That’s not something we usually do but all went well. Dh’s granddaughter was there. She’s only 3 months old. She fell asleep on me and was so adorable.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 11:12 AM
Mine was great. Had DD23 and DD21 most of the holiday. Since I moved to Seattle, it is easier for them not having to commute between Seattle and Portland to see BFs family. SS20 visited which is lovely. We planned our trip to visit him in Ecuador in March.

SS18 is on his journey through depression with no small amount of teenage asshole mixed in. Hard to differentiate so I’m really disengaged. SD24 I suspect is in a really terrible place with her abuser but won’t accept it. The only positive sign is she came home to Portland without him.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this
She is, it’s just that it still feels really weird referring to myself as a grandma. I’m only 33. I suppose in time it will feel more normal.

Quoting pdxmum: Can I ask why she is not your granddaughter also?

Quoting Leigh84: Other than dh having to work, it went really well. Ss19 was home, so bm invited us over for Christmas dinner. That’s not something we usually do but all went well. Dh’s granddaughter was there. She’s only 3 months old. She fell asleep on me and was so adorable.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm still recovering-ask me in a week

SOMEBODY is in Peanuts heaven because of her new bedding smh and all her toys and games and pillows and whatever else Santa brought

ill say this:

nobody was arrested or jailed

nobody was carried out in cuffs/body bag

Only my brother got punched BY Princess because he was severely upsetting her by being a dick smh

we all got spoiled

did i mention i need to recover?

Bartender-it's wine o'clock!

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Our Christmas was fine. I actually worked because most all my other co-workers have young children or family from out of town. We ended up doing everything Christmas Eve. We did PJs Before dinner and presents after to keep them separate.

My picture was bitter sweet because this time next year DS will be in the Marines and DD17 is graduating a year early. They may be here next year but our lives will be very different next year.
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 8:50 PM
3 moms liked this
My fil thought he was to young at 33 to be grandpa so he was always and still to this day Pa lol

Quoting Leigh84: She is, it’s just that it still feels really weird referring to myself as a grandma. I’m only 33. I suppose in time it will feel more normal.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not really grandma technically so I totally get
Why you don’t feel like one. My ex is a grandpa and while we were together his daughter had a baby when she was 18. Our kids are 7 months apArt. I never felt like a grandma.

Quoting Leigh84: She is, it’s just that it still feels really weird referring to myself as a grandma. I’m only 33. I suppose in time it will feel more normal.

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Dec. 27, 2017 at 1:59 AM
3 moms liked this
We did xmas early and the SK are at BMs for tbe whole break

Best xmas gift ever- a teenager free house!
codysara
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
It was way better than expected. No drama. None! Kids were spoiled. Food was fantastic. My nephew got back safe to his base in Afghanistan and was able to video chat with us Christmas morning. While it on his mission he rescued a puppy, so he was on cloud 9 having something to cuddle with. (Big saint Bernard mutt puppy)
It was by far, the best Christmas in years because I set boundaries way ahead of time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)