Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepdaughter concerns

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM
  • 33 Replies

My husband has four children from a former marriage.  The second one, a daughter, completely controls him and always has.  She has three children, ages 1,2 and 3.  They moved in with us for a year.  While here my husband gave her all my passwords.  She then went to my sites, listed my contacts and messaged them horrible stuff about me.  She then smashed my computer.  She threw out any of our food that she didn't think we should have and she constantly stoled money from her dad.  She has screamed at me that she told her dad not to marry me.  When she moved out I asked for our house key back.  This is when the real trouble began.  She was furious that she no longer had the ability to mess with our belongings.  She told horrible stories about me to her siblings so I am not included in any family doings.  My husband had Thanksgiving and Christmas with them while I stayed home.  A little background......his children have never been told no.  They have always gotten whatever they wanted.  This girl was driving her dad's car as an unlicensed teenager because she told him to let her.  Nothing has been denied her except that she didn't want us to marry.  She is 32 years old now and still controlling her dad.  She will have him babysit for hours while she is out having fun and she has told her dad that I am not to be told that he is doing this so I sit at home worried about why he didn't come home.  I am seeing a couselor about this but I know that if the daughter found out that he would not be allowed to attend with me.   To make things clear.  I didn't break up his first marriage.  They were already divorsed when we met.  And, his first wife left him for another man.  Please any advise would be welcome.

by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I got nothing. She’s 32 and you say has never been told no. Unfortunately, I don’t think things will change much now.
karene999
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:47 PM
8 moms liked this

You need to figure out why you let your DH disrespect you like this,

Seriously you stayed home alone for thanksgiving and Christmas and he went and spent it with them...OH HELL NO...

He would come home to find his bags packed and on the front lawn.

Ms_Smock
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:47 PM
12 moms liked this
You have a husband problem, not a step daughter problem. He is free to do as he wishes and you are low on his list of respect.
codysara
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:51 PM
6 moms liked this
You married a doormat who is also not only a bad father, but a horrible husband. Why stay with a man that treats you like shit and allows his kids to treat you like shit?
KittyMom1026
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have been gone a long time ago.

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

no man I share my life with would treat me like that. 

anonomomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM
7 moms liked this
The only advice I have is to file for divorce and continue to see a new therapist so you can figure out why you put yourself in that situation to begin with and why you stayed.
Seychelles1409
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Your biggest issue is not with SD or DH, but with your own lack of respect for yourself. You will not find it living in the toxic environment with your DH.
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:47 PM
This. Before the new year. This.

Quoting anonomomma: The only advice I have is to file for divorce and continue to see a new therapist so you can figure out why you put yourself in that situation to begin with and why you stayed.
minimoo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 7:25 AM
Yep. This is the shit I deal with with bf and his family. They were never told no, and have continued the cycle with their children. I now have to deal with an abusive brat who has zero empathy for other people, doesn't think anything is his responsibility, and throws temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way. I was the first person to tell him no, and he raped me.

Quoting Leigh84: I got nothing. She’s 32 and you say has never been told no. Unfortunately, I don’t think things will change much now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)