Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAPPY NEW YEARS

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:31 AM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hello Lovies!!!

Happy New Years!!!!!

Did ya'll survive or what?

Okay so Princess (DD13) and I went to bed like normal because she does have school tomorrow.....SS11 and DH stayed up to watch the ball drop.

I got woken up to SS11 calling BM to wish her a happy new years-poor think just did a 18h shift at her job and sounded dead on the phone.

The next 30min consisted of calling family back and forth, finally got SS off to bed.

This morning Princess and I are watching cartoons enjoying some breakfast pizza and a couple of brownies.

I'm not doing that new year new me bullshit-I'm staying the same sassy twat ya'll love to hate.

blowing kisses I will say this-may you all have a happy 2018-I pray for good health and happiness for you all. And peace....definately peace.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next year brings!

by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Happy New Year!!! All the best wishes to you all, ladies!
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Happy New Year!  

SO and I had a Netflix and chill evening, it was great!  

YDS15 was home with my mom, likely both watching Netflix too. LOL  

ODS19 and his gf went to a friends house up in Los Angeles and stayed the night (group of them), so no driving on NYE, thankfully!  

xMIL, unfortunately, went to the ER a few days ago and was moved to rehab on NYE.  Sigh.  I feel badly for her but she wasn't in a good way so this is the best place for her, for now.  I WISH she'd be open to looking at assisted living locations but she's adament about living on her own, and I'm afraid it'll be the death of her eventually.  (she keeps falling but so far does no major damage so she things she's 'ok'.. sigh).  

Looking forward to a wonderful 2018 for everyone!  

powow65
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Happy new year to you too Hun. It's litterly been a year since I've been on cafemom.
Ps, got evicted out of my old apartment just a month after I had surgery, the "landlord" called me on Martin Luther king day (under a month of having surgery) & he said, "you have until march & I'm evicting you for having fleas." Wth? So, as of April, (I had to explain why we litterly couldn't just up & leave ASAP, having a robot surgery done on me was very painful with five holes!) so the "landlord" have me until late march (first week of April) to get out.
So now we live at grandmom's house, lots of TLC for grandmom's house but I can breath! :) I can *sigh* a relief of happiness. :)
Happy new year to you, your DD & your step-kids too. :) stay warm & safe.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

blowing kisses

Quoting annabl1970: Happy New Year!!! All the best wishes to you all, ladies!

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

that's what I did-I was doing a Blue Bloods marathon on Netflix lol then crashed

Sorry to hear about xMIL....its sad when they need better living conditions but refuse to accept the fact.

My great grandmother is in her early 90s and still cleans her gutters (her house is 3 stories tall) mows her lawn and stays very active around the house....but has fainting spells and dizzy spells.

Thankfully her son lives 2 houses down but we still can't wait for the day she moves in with him so she's supervised.

Quoting jules2boys:

Happy New Year!  

SO and I had a Netflix and chill evening, it was great!  

YDS15 was home with my mom, likely both watching Netflix too. LOL  

ODS19 and his gf went to a friends house up in Los Angeles and stayed the night (group of them), so no driving on NYE, thankfully!  

xMIL, unfortunately, went to the ER a few days ago and was moved to rehab on NYE.  Sigh.  I feel badly for her but she wasn't in a good way so this is the best place for her, for now.  I WISH she'd be open to looking at assisted living locations but she's adament about living on her own, and I'm afraid it'll be the death of her eventually.  (she keeps falling but so far does no major damage so she things she's 'ok'.. sigh).  

Looking forward to a wonderful 2018 for everyone!  

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

New Years eve was uneventful. We had plans that had to be cancelled due to weather. Lots of snow does not make nighttime drives on unlit country roads fun or safe. So we watched tv, dozed on and off, texted with the kids and managed to be awake at mightnight. Not a big deal but for us nt a big deal is pretty nice. 

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:14 PM
DH had to work so we didn't do much..but BM called him crying that SS14 came back to her house high, so NYD he's over her house with his mom and brother trying to scare his kid straight...

Fun times.
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:03 PM

Oh fun times-poor kid.Sorry but weed isn't all that bad-but you must be this age to ride that legal ride my friend.

My SD16 is currently hiding out from her boyfriend while he's home on winter break because he's turned into a crazed stalker. Basically he expects her to drop everything and stay up his ass until he leaves next weekend-despite the fact she's got tutoring and school and dr appts and was spending time with her father.

Day after Christmas-DH took her shopping and the fucker had the balls to show up at the mall and tried to grip her up like he was trying to get SD to leave with him.....yeah that didn't work when Dear old Dad got involved. smh

He also showed up at BM's and BM's bf had to physically toss the kid out on his ass for getting nasty with stepfather's dad! (so....BM's fil for lack of a better term)

I swear boys today have no damn brains.

Quoting pusheen-kitty: DH had to work so we didn't do much..but BM called him crying that SS14 came back to her house high, so NYD he's over her house with his mom and brother trying to scare his kid straight... Fun times.

Mompea5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy New Year everyone! We went to a party at our church on NYE and came home shortly after midnight. The kids had a pretty good time overall as they had lots of games and activities and chances to win $$$ and gift cards. Lol Here’s hoping everyone has an amazing 2018!!
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 7:51 AM
🤗😘

Quoting Tigress22304:

blowing kisses

Quoting annabl1970: Happy New Year!!! All the best wishes to you all, ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)