Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH finally saw the light

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

So most of you know the situation with SD16-she's not DH's kid-but they still claim each other as dad/daughter.

For the last 2 years BM/SF have been on this kick about how nasty SD16 is turning out to be-her mouth-her attitude etc. BM's always calling DH complaining-he tells BM to handle her daughter because it's technically NOT our problem she can't control her house.

There's no set visitation with SD-she comes when she wants to-which isn't often-usually when there's gifts/money involved.

This past weekend she decided to come visit-and it was a nightmare. She was only here 10 minutes before her and SS11 were arguing over the playstation.

It's always something with her. Basically she felt that because she decided to grace us with herself-we should have turned the house upside down and cater to her every whim.

And it didn't happen.

She was not allowed to lock herself in our bedroom and play PS4 all night-she had to go to bed by 11-she was given several options for breakfast and refused to eat-then decided to curse out her father for NOT FEEDING HER. She didn't want SS in his own bed-she wanted him to leave the bedroom so she could Facetime her friends and play video games....she didn't like the fact that DH wouldn't wait 3h for her to nap so she could go to the diner to eat with us. (Again swore she wasn't hungry-so we all went out anyways and she got pissed about it)

On and on it went-she argued with me and SS and DH but avoided Princess(DD13). They actually got along nicely the whole time.

Finally Saturday night DH told her to stop with her piss poor attitude or else.

Her exact words were "I'm tired of you being a fucking asshole and a deadbeat and not doing what I say!"

Yep that got her ass bounced right out the house and back to her mothers.

DH told BM he's not taking her overnight anytime soon and she better straighten the girl out before she gets her ass beat. (SD loves to act like a badass and runs her mouth all the time to anybody)

To be fair-we offered to have SD come live with us-BM flip flops-but never follows through....nor will SD because of the rules we have in our home. DH nor I tolerate half the shit BM allows.

Sorry no CHILD will come into MY house telling me what I can and can not do. I'll bounce your ass out REAL QUICK.

I love her dearly-but I hate the person she's become. This is NOT the girl I know and love....this new version of SD is a nasty vile person and I wish I could have the old SD back.

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britney678
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:42 AM
:(
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Well her mother allowed her to run wild and free all these years and refused to allow DH to properly parent her-BM can deal with her actions

Quoting britney678: :(

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Feb. 6, 2018 at 12:21 PM
What happened to her bio dad? Is she in counseling at all?
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 12:54 PM

SpermIdiot?!

he's back in jail for arrears

he was never around pusheen....bm left him because he abused bm and sd when she was an infant-restraining orders/PFAs the whole works.

SD refuses to have contact with the man-the only reason he bothers SD is because she's his only surving child.

She's been in therapy for YEARS. The therapists all kinda gave up. She has what I call the Princess syndrome.

She demands all attention on her-she's to be catered to-and god forbid if she's told no.

BM DOES try to parent but is never consistant. And then cries to us like its our problem.

I had enough and told BM a few months ago I'm DONE trying to corrent her parenting mistakes. As did DH.

Quoting pusheen-kitty: What happened to her bio dad? Is she in counseling at all?

piecebypeace
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:18 PM

I am so sorry this is happening to your family and your SD. She sounds very lost. I know you said she's been in counseling, but what about getting her involved in a church youth group? She'll resist going, but it could be very good for her. And what about doing some community service (even as a family together) so she can have an appreciation for what she has vs. what others don't. Regardless, if she continues on this path she will suffer natural consequences...she'll find herself without any friends and maybe even some family members. 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:23 PM
She has been involved with her aunt’s church for many years...it has nothing to do with church or family or friends.

She just has this mentality she’s a princess and deserves everything, regardless of how she treats people.

Quoting piecebypeace:

I am so sorry this is happening to your family and your SD. She sounds very lost. I know you said she's been in counseling, but what about getting her involved in a church youth group? She'll resist going, but it could be very good for her. And what about doing some community service (even as a family together) so she can have an appreciation for what she has vs. what others don't. Regardless, if she continues on this path she will suffer natural consequences...she'll find herself without any friends and maybe even some family members. 

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 3:30 PM
Teenagers can be awful at times! When SS19 was that age, he thought the world revolved around him too. I loved him but there were times I didn’t like him too much. I think he’s finally starting to come out of that shitty teenager stage (knocks on wood). Unfortunately SS15 has been starting to act like that at times. 😩

Give it a few years. Hopefully she’ll grow out of it. I was probably about 20 before I stopped acting like an asshole.
sheramom4
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 4:40 PM

I feel for you. I have my own "badass" 16 year old. She is mine. She is DH's. I think she was switched with an alien at birth. And spends most of her time grounded. The child is smart. So smart. She took the PSAT 10 and scored in the top 20% of the country without cracking a book. But she is mouthy, spoiled, difficult, and acts like she is the center of our world, or should be. No one spoiled her though! Ergh. She comes home from school in 20 minutes. So just ergh. 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 4:56 PM

Quoting sheramom4:

I feel for you. I have my own "badass" 16 year old. She is mine. She is DH's. I think she was switched with an alien at birth. And spends most of her time grounded. The child is smart. So smart. She took the PSAT 10 and scored in the top 20% of the country without cracking a book. But she is mouthy, spoiled, difficult, and acts like she is the center of our world, or should be. No one spoiled her though! Ergh. She comes home from school in 20 minutes. So just ergh. 

LOL wanna take mine?! She's a sophmore taking senior classes-she's in academic classes-still working her after school job-she's kicking ass in school...

And just like yours-she's a HUGE asspain-BM did spoil her kids...I won't lie-but its not excessive. She just made sure her kids were cared for and had some extras.

But nothing was ever good enough for SD. Like when MIL would take the kids for ice cream cones-she had to have a banana split or a milk shake...if we took the kids for a treat of McDonalds-she didn't want nuggets and fries-she wanted a $10 meal.

I think once she starts paying her own bills-she will realize real quick how life goes.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 4:57 PM

That's what I'm waiting for-once I moved out of my parents house-I got a job and started paying my own way-I learned some heavy lessons believe me.

Quoting Leigh84: Teenagers can be awful at times! When SS19 was that age, he thought the world revolved around him too. I loved him but there were times I didn’t like him too much. I think he’s finally starting to come out of that shitty teenager stage (knocks on wood). Unfortunately SS15 has been starting to act like that at times. 😩 Give it a few years. Hopefully she’ll grow out of it. I was probably about 20 before I stopped acting like an asshole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)