Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So most of you know the situation with SD16-she's not DH's kid-but they still claim each other as dad/daughter.

For the last 2 years BM/SF have been on this kick about how nasty SD16 is turning out to be-her mouth-her attitude etc. BM's always calling DH complaining-he tells BM to handle her daughter because it's technically NOT our problem she can't control her house.

There's no set visitation with SD-she comes when she wants to-which isn't often-usually when there's gifts/money involved.

This past weekend she decided to come visit-and it was a nightmare. She was only here 10 minutes before her and SS11 were arguing over the playstation.

It's always something with her. Basically she felt that because she decided to grace us with herself-we should have turned the house upside down and cater to her every whim.

And it didn't happen.

She was not allowed to lock herself in our bedroom and play PS4 all night-she had to go to bed by 11-she was given several options for breakfast and refused to eat-then decided to curse out her father for NOT FEEDING HER. She didn't want SS in his own bed-she wanted him to leave the bedroom so she could Facetime her friends and play video games....she didn't like the fact that DH wouldn't wait 3h for her to nap so she could go to the diner to eat with us. (Again swore she wasn't hungry-so we all went out anyways and she got pissed about it)

On and on it went-she argued with me and SS and DH but avoided Princess(DD13). They actually got along nicely the whole time.

Finally Saturday night DH told her to stop with her piss poor attitude or else.

Her exact words were "I'm tired of you being a fucking asshole and a deadbeat and not doing what I say!"

Yep that got her ass bounced right out the house and back to her mothers.

DH told BM he's not taking her overnight anytime soon and she better straighten the girl out before she gets her ass beat. (SD loves to act like a badass and runs her mouth all the time to anybody)

To be fair-we offered to have SD come live with us-BM flip flops-but never follows through....nor will SD because of the rules we have in our home. DH nor I tolerate half the shit BM allows.

Sorry no CHILD will come into MY house telling me what I can and can not do. I'll bounce your ass out REAL QUICK.

I love her dearly-but I hate the person she's become. This is NOT the girl I know and love....this new version of SD is a nasty vile person and I wish I could have the old SD back.

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:11 AM
Replies (11-14):
sheramom4
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:03 PM

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheramom4:

I feel for you. I have my own "badass" 16 year old. She is mine. She is DH's. I think she was switched with an alien at birth. And spends most of her time grounded. The child is smart. So smart. She took the PSAT 10 and scored in the top 20% of the country without cracking a book. But she is mouthy, spoiled, difficult, and acts like she is the center of our world, or should be. No one spoiled her though! Ergh. She comes home from school in 20 minutes. So just ergh. 

LOL wanna take mine?! She's a sophmore taking senior classes-she's in academic classes-still working her after school job-she's kicking ass in school...

And just like yours-she's a HUGE asspain-BM did spoil her kids...I won't lie-but its not excessive. She just made sure her kids were cared for and had some extras.

But nothing was ever good enough for SD. Like when MIL would take the kids for ice cream cones-she had to have a banana split or a milk shake...if we took the kids for a treat of McDonalds-she didn't want nuggets and fries-she wanted a $10 meal.

I think once she starts paying her own bills-she will realize real quick how life goes.

Same thing with mine! Nothing is good enough. I work two jobs, DH is disabled but brings in money and she has zero understanding of a budget or reasonable spending.  She is the only one of the four I have had thoughts of "I would like to beat this child." She just turned 16 so she is job hunting now and will be working. Hopefully she outgrows this crap. 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 6:40 PM

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheramom4:

I feel for you. I have my own "badass" 16 year old. She is mine. She is DH's. I think she was switched with an alien at birth. And spends most of her time grounded. The child is smart. So smart. She took the PSAT 10 and scored in the top 20% of the country without cracking a book. But she is mouthy, spoiled, difficult, and acts like she is the center of our world, or should be. No one spoiled her though! Ergh. She comes home from school in 20 minutes. So just ergh. 

LOL wanna take mine?! She's a sophmore taking senior classes-she's in academic classes-still working her after school job-she's kicking ass in school...

And just like yours-she's a HUGE asspain-BM did spoil her kids...I won't lie-but its not excessive. She just made sure her kids were cared for and had some extras.

But nothing was ever good enough for SD. Like when MIL would take the kids for ice cream cones-she had to have a banana split or a milk shake...if we took the kids for a treat of McDonalds-she didn't want nuggets and fries-she wanted a $10 meal.

I think once she starts paying her own bills-she will realize real quick how life goes.

Same thing with mine! Nothing is good enough. I work two jobs, DH is disabled but brings in money and she has zero understanding of a budget or reasonable spending.  She is the only one of the four I have had thoughts of "I would like to beat this child." She just turned 16 so she is job hunting now and will be working. Hopefully she outgrows this crap. 

You can beat her LOL

shut off the WIFI

take away her electronics

set strict rules

if all else fails-oranges in a gym sock knotted makes a great weapon with no bruises or markings

(JUST KIDDING)

sheramom4
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheramom4:

You can beat her LOL

shut off the WIFI

set strict rules

if all else fails-oranges in a gym sock knotted makes a great weapon with no bruises or markings

(JUST KIDDING)

Her phone is restricted to just family right now because of school (so she can call/text us). She hates it lol. 

She has strict rules. She just butts heads with me 99% of the time. DH is currently battling bacterial pneumonia so he isn't much help. Hell, he is lucky he isn't hospitalized. 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:17 PM

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheramom4:

You can beat her LOL

shut off the WIFI

set strict rules

(JUST KIDDING)

Her phone is restricted to just family right now because of school (so she can call/text us). She hates it lol. 

She has strict rules. She just butts heads with me 99% of the time. DH is currently battling bacterial pneumonia so he isn't much help. Hell, he is lucky he isn't hospitalized. 

This is what I tell SD and SS

"Here's how we play the Game of Life. You are the child. I am the parent. You do what you are told-life goes easy. Go against the rules-life will be very difficult for you. Choose wisely"

It took SS several months of manual labor to realize

HEY KAT'S RIGHT! I should listen and do what I'm told to do. i get special treats and allowances.

He's currently being bribed by the wicked SM.

If he brings his grades up-maintains an A/B average and passes for the year-I will reward him with his own cell phone. (This is with his mom's permission)

bribery Shera....it works wonders

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)