Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My co worker helped put things in proscective by accident LOL

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:03 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I have been complaining on here how my SD19 is driving me crazy...Does nothing, contributes nothing, does not go to school.  All in all, just counting the days till she is out of my house.  Anyway, I have two co-workers with kids who have done what they are suppose to do. That being work, go to college and do well.  Well their kids went to Rutgers and Columbia both with a costly prices tag.  One co worker went on to say that between her two sons there are about $250K in student loans to pay.  She has told her boys that she would pay 1/2 the loans back.  Well with my little dunce, still in her 6th year of high school I don't have to worry about something like this...Look at all the money she has saved me and DH!!! Now the fact that we are still supporting her does not seem so bad....All in the prospective!!!

by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maureen813
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not so nice.
anonomomma
by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this
You should probably get some therapy to help you get over how much you hate this kid.
anonomomma
And why did you bump ypur own post and then delete it?
Elle.tea.22
2 moms liked this
Not everyone ends up in debt. I went to school for seven years and don't owe a penny
jad1027
by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:35 PM

Wanted to see what "bump" did.

Quoting anonomomma: And why did you bump ypur own post and then delete it?

jad1027
by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:36 PM

Let me send her to you and then lets chat.

Quoting anonomomma: You should probably get some therapy to help you get over how much you hate this kid.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Not nice but that is a positive perspective :)

That said, it is easier or more pleasant to pay for the school fees than to deal with an adult kid who fails to launch.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 4:21 AM
Uh, ok?
jad1027
by Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 5:51 AM

100% agreed, but when you give them all the tools to launch and they don't what can you do?

Quoting leegirl_jm: Not nice but that is a positive perspective :) That said, it is easier or more pleasant to pay for the school fees than to deal with an adult kid who fails to launch.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

She can still attend college ya know. I have an aunt who's in her 40s and she just went to get yet another degree.

May I recommend perhaps therapy for you. This is a legal adult living in your home. You obviously have ill feelings towards this woman and it's not healthy.

In other words-LET IT GO ELSA. Try to think of some positive things about her-or perhaps you and her dad and her can sit and talk about goals...short term and long term and see if you could help nudge things along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)