Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM just did something nice.

Posted by   + Show Post

Sd was with us MT and was totally fine- energetic and in a great mood. Bm picked her up Wed night and on the way home, sd was feeling ill. Fever, vomitting, etc. WH are BMs nights. This is our weekend. Dh picked sd up and took her to doctor today, where she was diagnosed with flu. Bm apparently has caught it, so she offered to keep sd this weekend since she already has it.

I hope we didn't/don't pick it up when she was here or while dh had her today. Dh did share sd's drink Tuesday night and I said when he did it that you shouldn't share drinks during flu season. Fingers crossed!

Poor thing had several things planned for this weekend, too. 

We usually switch off as normal regardless of whether she is sick or we are sick. Anybody else been hit with the dreaded flu this year?

by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:53 PM
Replies (11-16):
jpickens
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 2:32 PM
Yes, the flu was the catalyst that escalated my father’s health issues before he passed.

It has been a nasty one this this year. So, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
MindReader
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 2:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear that! 

Quoting jpickens: Yes, the flu was the catalyst that escalated my father’s health issues before he passed. It has been a nasty one this this year. So, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

jpickens
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 2:47 PM
Thank you :)

I hope BM and SD are feeling better.

Quoting MindReader:

I'm sorry to hear that! 

Quoting jpickens: Yes, the flu was the catalyst that escalated my father’s health issues before he passed.

It has been a nasty one this this year. So, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Feb. 10, 2018 at 11:43 PM
Im sick now but have my flu shot.
Mompea5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2018 at 2:39 PM
Us too. It’s been crazy this year but thankfully no flu so far!

Quoting MindReader:

We have had 3-4 viruses hit us this year! 

MindReader
by Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 9:08 AM

I have heard sd is feeling better and I assume she's going to school. We have her tonight.

Dr. said it shouldn't last as long or be as severe since they had their shots, and that seemed to be true. It was too late for tamiflu, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)