Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: V day

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:01 PM
  • 16 Replies
Happy Hallmark Holiday ladies!

Doing anything fun with the SO? With the steps? Doing something for yourself?

We've got nothing planned due to work but I will get my ashes today. Other than that, nursing a cold. Thought of getting the steps some candy because you know, why not.
by on Feb. 14, 2018 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:42 PM

Fat Fuck got a gourmet homecooked pasta dinner and I bought him a SoundBot(wireless bluetooth speaker)-he was like a kid in a candy store

okay SD16 got a chicken nugget platter Valentine (see picture below-TRUST ME she LOVED IT)

DD13 got candy and a Snoopy pillow

DH bought SS11 and BM's YDD10 each a stuffed animal and a candy heart.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2018 at 7:44 PM

Mobile Photo

Here’s the actual gift for SD16

Ignore the messy car

DH is a slob
pusheen-kitty
by Battler on Feb. 14, 2018 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this
That nugget idea is straight up genius yo

Quoting Tigress22304:

Fat Fuck got a gourmet homecooked pasta dinner and I bought him a SoundBot(wireless bluetooth speaker)-he was like a kid in a candy store

okay SD16 got a chicken nugget platter Valentine (see picture below-TRUST ME she LOVED IT)

DD13 got candy and a Snoopy pillow

DH bought SS11 and BM's YDD10 each a stuffed animal and a candy heart.

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM
Dh and I don’t really celebrate it cause as he says it’s only a holiday because hallmark says so. So he buys me flowers and chocolates the day before lol. I bought him a coffe travel mug 2 of his favorite beers and a collection of his favorite sweets.

All kids got the standard candy plus

Ds got xbox credits
ODD for a water bottle/thermos thing
YDD got “tea” coffee mugs
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

A day late but I had such an awesome V-day!  :)  

Work, of course, but I got both boys (15 and 20) a bag of candy and a card.  They're a bit old for much more.  ;)  

I got to spend the evening with SO though.  He made a delicious chicken (with lime and spices of some sort - full of flavor, no heat - I don't do heat. LOL) with a spinach salad and twice backed potato.  We each got about a quarter of the potato, some chicken and salad.  Half the plate was salad. YUM!  (I love spinach salad!  No one in my house cares for spinach and I rarely buy it because I can't finish it before it goes bad.  I love that SO loves it as much as I do though!)  

We ate on his couch watching the Olympics (yeah hockey!).  Quiet house, no one yelling at anyone else (my kids weren't there! LOL).  It was great!  To me, this was a perfect V-day evening!  

We did go out on Sunday already.  The restaurant across from where SO works hasn't had their offiical opening yet but they were open on Sunday, and had invited some locals (business people) in to check things out.  O M G!  We won't make it a regular thing because it's out of our price range most of the time but the food is AMAZING!  He had the filet, I had salmon, both with sides.  Melt in your mouth goodness!  I had wine (he doesn't drink anymore) and we shared a dessert.  Knowing the owner and head chef certainly has it's perks!  ;)  Ran into the owner of a (very good) local Italian place having dinner there with his wife and youngest daughter (teen) too.  I finally got to meet them, they're usually gone when he and I go there for dinner.  :)  Such a fun evening then too!  I feel spoiled!  (I love it!)  

I'm not a flowers kind of gal so no flowers for me (my allergies thank him! LOL).  He did bring home chocolates from the local chocolate shop but I know she gave him one of the leftover boxes.  She usually does.  She gave his co-worker some chocolate covered strawberries to take home too (we had some 2 weeks ago - awesome stuff!).  

mischele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:02 PM
We bought 5 younger kids stuffies and candy. 17 yr old sunflower seeds and jerky. Adult kids nothing. My Vday money i set aside got spent on my bios bc my ex doesnt set any money aside for kids. I had $50 and 3 kids needed it. So i asked DF to plz not buy me a gift.
soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM
You are already engaged?

Quoting mischele: We bought 5 younger kids stuffies and candy. 17 yr old sunflower seeds and jerky. Adult kids nothing. My Vday money i set aside got spent on my bios bc my ex doesnt set any money aside for kids. I had $50 and 3 kids needed it. So i asked DF to plz not buy me a gift.
mischele
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2018 at 3:49 PM
Yes and no lol he hasnt asked my dad yet.

Quoting soonergirl980: You are already engaged?

Quoting mischele: We bought 5 younger kids stuffies and candy. 17 yr old sunflower seeds and jerky. Adult kids nothing. My Vday money i set aside got spent on my bios bc my ex doesnt set any money aside for kids. I had $50 and 3 kids needed it. So i asked DF to plz not buy me a gift.
WickedPissah
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 4:45 AM
It's single awareness day for me. I bought a gift for myself.

Day after I hit up the drug store for the sale.
NLDarby2008
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2018 at 6:56 AM
It's a bit late, but so was our VDay.

We got both SDs and DD small boxes of chocolates, and I made a card for each of them.

DH works out of town so when he got home Saturday I took him to Chili's and to see Jumanji.

I got the awesomest present of all though!! DH bought tickets for me and my sister to go see Phantom of the Opera!!! It's the one play I have always wanted to go to, but it has never worked out. I have been doing happy dances off and on all week! I can't wait!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)