Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WhatCha doin?? :)

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 399 Total Views

So I haven't been on in about 3 weeks due to being way to busy for my life.  I'm canning food like crazy. Tonight is grape jelly and at this point of the day I HATE GRAPES!! I've got 100 pints and jelly jars of salsa (yummy) 15 pints of green beans and 10 pints of corn, and 35 bages of corn froze.  I have 50 lbs of peaches comming that I have to do something about. DH suprised me a order 25 lbs from the local school fundraiser and I did. We both didn't know each other was going it. So I"m stuck with 50 fliping lbs of peaches.  Does anyone else here do any canning? This is my 1 yr year of being real serious about it. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers, Lilypie Third Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trixi.VonLace
by boss lady on Sep. 2, 2011 at 6:52 AM
Holy cow woman! That's a lot of caning. Sounds good though! !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhope4
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:44 PM

We wouldn't have anything around here TO can.  Drought has dried everything up!

jordansmomma06
by The Meganator on Sep. 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Wow. I am too busy to do any of that.lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmom2006
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I have been busy. I've done most of it during the weekends with my DH it's great time. The kids go and play. Today was Jelly once again yummy!! Rhope I'm sorry are you down in Tx?? It's very rewarding. When I get done today I'll put pics on of what I've canned.

Trixi.VonLace
by boss lady on Sep. 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Idk about Rhope but I'm in TX and this drought And heat is killing me over here!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmom2006
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM

My aunt and uncle inlaw are in TX they say it's bad and I belive them. We haven't seen much rain in Western nebraska, but we had flooding this spring.

Trixi.VonLace
by boss lady on Sep. 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM
Where in TX? its bad over This way, were in a suburb of Austin. The humidity I'd awful! We were supposed to get rain this week then it disappeared. :-(

Quoting redneckmom2006:

My aunt and uncle inlaw are in TX they say it's bad and I belive them. We haven't seen much rain in Western nebraska, but we had flooding this spring.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhope4
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Yeah, I'm in Texas.  Was hoping Lee would end the drought, but no such luck.  High temps are breaking though it looks like.  Never thought I'd see the day I'd be praying for 90s as opposed to 100s, lol.

Quoting redneckmom2006:

I have been busy. I've done most of it during the weekends with my DH it's great time. The kids go and play. Today was Jelly once again yummy!! Rhope I'm sorry are you down in Tx?? It's very rewarding. When I get done today I'll put pics on of what I've canned.

rhope4
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I was up there in western Nebraska for a week this summer with my husband.  His older two kids and their kids all live up there. 

Getting pretty bad when you have the best weather spotting class ever, and you have to go to Nebraska to practice what you have learned!  We were under a tornado twice while up there, and I paid attention the second time.  I told sd that it wasn't going to hit us after studying the clouds, and sure enough, it went south even tho a funnel had been spotted five miles west of where we were.  They were talking about flooding in that area too, but it had all receded by the time we got up there.

Quoting redneckmom2006:

rhope4
by on Sep. 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Crap, Starr!  You're not far from me!  I'm in Brady if you know where that is!

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Where in TX? its bad over This way, were in a suburb of Austin. The humidity I'd awful! We were supposed to get rain this week then it disappeared. :-(

Quoting redneckmom2006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)