Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ram Dass U-Tubes

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 428 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Some of you may have read that my first teacher was Ram Dass. Way back then he used to like to say he was not a teacher because he felt there was too much ego attached to being called a teacher but I insisted he was my teacher and he would just smile and continue to teach. I was 14 when I first sat in satsang with Ram Dass.

The last time I sat in sat sang with Ram Dass I was in my late 30's. I was already a Third Degree Witch in the Rosarian Tradition and had not seen him in 15 years. I had written to him off and on but being a mom and going through a terrible marriage and divorce life had taken me far away from him, but not away from my spirituality.

WE drove down from the northern mountains of NH to Connecticut as he was talking at a college there to see him. I was forced to sit way up in the bleachers, as there were hundreds of people there. Luckily I had not fallen yet and could still walk. When the talk was over I waited over 45 mins in line to get a chance to meet him again. When it was my turn, I knew he would not remember a little blond headed girl from NH, but I was wrong. He turned around from the person he had just been talking to and when his blue eyes met mine he opened his arms and hugged me. He remembered me instantly. I never felt so much love rush through me as at that moment and I have never since.

I have not seen him since that day. I was very upset when I heard he had a stroke not long after that day and is now in a wheelchair. He has since the stroke regained his speech, but tires easily. He seems to have lost his ego about being a teacher and I long for the day when I can see him again and tease him about that fact. I hope you enjoy the U-tubes about this wonderful, loving teacher.

If you are members of my Coven one of the books on your reading list,

Be Here Now, Ram Dass is the Author.

Awareness

soulfulness

as Gods perception

The one with the words as beside it should be as souls.

by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Sniper_Mom
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM

"Be Here Now" is an amazing book. I am going to read it again. I will also check out these Youtube videos. What wonderful teachers you have had and of course that is why you are such an amazing teacher yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)