Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading Month

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 172 Total Views

What is your school doing for reading month?

Is your PTO involved in any way...other than paying for it?

by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
magsrobsmom
by Member on Mar. 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM

We don't really do anything for Reading Month, in fact I have never heard of it!  LOL! Yikes! We should know about it, don't you think? We will have a BOGO halfoff Book Fair next month and we often combine fun, reading-type activites with that.

goddess99
by Group Owner on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Our PTO doesn't do anything either but our school does. Today in honor of Dr. Seuss they are having green eggs and ham for lunch and it's crazy hat day. The school is taking the students to see The Lorax in a couple weeks. The PTO will likely pay for transportation. It's on the agenda for tonight.

Quoting magsrobsmom:

We don't really do anything for Reading Month, in fact I have never heard of it!  LOL! Yikes! We should know about it, don't you think? We will have a BOGO halfoff Book Fair next month and we often combine fun, reading-type activites with that.

scapermom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM
PTA is sponsoring an Author's day this week. We have this once a year where the author comes in & does a presentation for the children. We also sell a selection of their books for the author to autograph for the kids. (I wasn't aware that this was reading month, but I guess someone was that's why it was scheduled in march? Or we may just have gotten lucky...)
goddess99
by Group Owner on Mar. 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Oh that is a really good idea to have an author actually come in. Never thought of that.

Quoting scapermom:

PTA is sponsoring an Author's day this week. We have this once a year where the author comes in & does a presentation for the children. We also sell a selection of their books for the author to autograph for the kids. (I wasn't aware that this was reading month, but I guess someone was that's why it was scheduled in march? Or we may just have gotten lucky...)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)