Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 394 Total Views

Hello everyone...

I am a mother of 2... one is almost 4 and my newest is 3 months... I need help... desperately!! Friends believe it may be post partum depression kicking in but i am SO unbelievably disgusted with myself.. I need to lose weight.. I need to lose at least 40 lbs to be where i was when i first met my husband 5 years ago. Ive been out of work for a year due to my last high risk pregnancy and was let go.. i am just now starting a part time job, so i dont have much money to get a gym pass or anything but i need something... winter is coming up here in MA so i cant go out running and with 2 kids, i dont have a double stroller =-\ Does anyone know tips... REAL guidelines to lose weight besides starving myself.. ive had it.. im sick of being the fat mother.. im 5'8" but 200 lbs and it digusts me!!!! My 3 year old still asks me if thees a baby in my tummy and i get all emotional... please... help me out!!

thank you!!!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chucks_mama
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:03 AM
(hugs)don't be hard on your body. It's been thru alot. Eat right-don't starve and move it old school-jog in place, jacks, etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chucks_mama
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Also, let your ob know of your weepiness etc. He may prescribe an antidepressant-short term til your hormones get regular. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayla6988
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM

thank you.. im trying not to be hard on myself but when i hear how i wont ever lose the weight or fit into my old clothes again i get very emotional and feel useless. i want the energy to be with my kids.. i dont wanna go on medicine that will screw my body up evn mre though.. im scared of that!

chucks_mama
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:27 PM
I understand-I didn't want meds either!! They didn't make me tired--just normal while all the pp stuff was going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chucks_mama
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Don't listen to whoever's saying you'll never lose the wt.!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dharrahy
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with all the previous posters who recommended cutting yourself some slack -- you just had the baby three months ago!  That said, I've been where you are and I will try to provide some actionable advice -- at least some that worked for me.

Eating:  Cook everything yourself from wholesome ingredients.  Cut out all sugar, flour, white rice and other refined carbs.  I tend to cook one pot meals that are good reheated so I can eat them for several meals.  I look for recipes that are all lean meat, vegis, beans, etc.  I focus on keeping meals below 350 calories, below 25g carbs, 10g fat and with more grams of protein than carbs (where possible).  I have a bunch of great recipes that I would be happy to email to you if you would like.  Cook when your husband is home, so you can get some focused time.  Also, eat tons of fruit (not bananas).  I eat cherries, apples, peaches, grapes and berries.  They can be very filling when you are feeling snacky.

Exercise: Find a way to exercise 45 minutes every day.  It will help with weight loss and mood.  I know this sounds impossible, but it really is critical to success (and long-term health).  Do you have a Wii? I know you are strapped for cash and that might not be an option, but if you could get your hands on one, they have great exercise programs.  Or, get up very early every day (before your husband and kids are up) and go for a run/fast walk.  I get up at 5:20 every morning to get my workout in before the kids get up.  I am exhausted when the alarm goes off, but it gives me more energy in the long-run.

I know how miserable it feels to be unhappy in your body.  I hope this gives you a nugget or two to try.

Healthywahm
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I've been right where you are....it's not fun!  If the PP doesn't get better please get help!  (exercise and nutrition will help)  I do have a list of weight loss tips that I can send you if you want,  just send me a message with "list of tips" in the subject line.

Linda

runt71
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I have found a gym that offers fees based on income.....YMCA.  Yeah they don't advertise it...but they do!!  I have an application pending here.  And if you are a member of one you can use them anywhere nationwide.  I know it's not the glitz and glam place...but hey, the ones here are clean..have decent hours  and NURSERY....  Most of the classes are included, and during "family swim"  you can take the kiddos to the baby pool. 

Good luck

kayla6988
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:05 AM

thank you so much everyone! i havent been on in a bit but i will definitely take your tips. i appreciate it and will email you ladies for help! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)