Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Machine help...Especially you Margarita...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

Ok so here is the scoop. I just got a machine about a week ago, but technically I am kind of just "borrowing" it till we get our tax return.

I went in looking at machines and pretty much had my mind made up on the husq/viking ruby, I was planning on just paying cash for it when we got our tax return, but the lady had mentioned they had 2 years interest free financing....I went home and thought about it and hubby said he wanted to try for the financing for part of the machine so we could use the tax money for a few other things. He went in and got approved for 3500! Not enough for the Ruby but more then enough for the topaz. The lady said she would send us home with the topaz ( one that had been traded in so I was getting a great deal) and then withing 90 days I could come back and trade up for the Ruby and get full value back so I did.

The machine they gave me was being tempermental so they ended up giving me a BRAND NEW topaz for the price they gave me for the refurbished one. So now here are my questions that I keep going back and forth with...

I now have the topaz 20 and planned on going in and getting the ruby in a couple weeks BUT after doing some serious comparison charts it seems that the only differences between the topaz 30 and the ruby are the on machine screen capabilities ( meaning I can do more editing and such on the actual machine screen and not the computer) and the fact that the machines software is upgradable ( meaning I have endless amounts of stitches moreso for sewing) So here I am trying to decided to upgrade to the TOPAZ 30 or the RUBY.

Me being the crazy nut I am feels like I should go big or go home and that this may be my only chance to just get a top of the line machine, but part of me feels like I am wasting about 2000 dollars for the screen and more sewing stitches I may never even use....

What would you do?? Realistically I can do either.

Brittney

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Margarita907
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Britney, I was originally looking at the topaz as well.  It was my hubby that suggested I go for the Ruby and  We liked that it had the dual connectsand the bigger hoops.  I  didn't feel too bad because it was at a huge savings.  Remember I got the demo machine and was allowed to put it on layaway.   I got a $1500 savings.  Origianally all I wanted was a bigger embroidery hoops lol.  Personally , If you are not going to use the  other stitches and you like the topaz , If it does what you want then its all good.  But, In my experience, I have found that the more stuff I have on had to play with, the more I use it.  Don't assume you won't use the other stitches , because sometimes, when you least expect it, they will be the ones you need.  You are young and have lots of  creativity left in you, lol.    But really,hon, it comes down to whether you will use it or not.  Or, if you want it or not.  Its okay to let us have nice things, even convenient things. Often as mothers we let everyone else have the "better" things, don't think about us and our enjoyment before theres.  Maybe manicures arn't your thing, maybe sewing is.  If that is the case, and you can afford to spoil yourself, why not.  But if you honestly think that you would  be wasting your money, then by all means do what you think is best.  I would not have bought the Ruby if the discount would not have been so great.   I always think of others before I think of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)