Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Shopping

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM
  • 29 Replies

Do you go once a week, once a paycheck, once a month?

Do you shop all at one store?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM
Usually twice a week. I end up doing most of our shopping between two stores, then we also do a Costco trip once or twice a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helen491
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I shop 1 major time during the month to stock up. I usually go to 4-5 stores. I shop several other times during the month for fresh fruits and veggies and bread.

bramamber
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Once a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jteffs
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:30 PM

We shop once a week (on Sunday after I sort through the coupons). We shop at the three stores in town by a strict list. In the last month or so I've imposed a strict $50 limit. I used to be okay as long as we came out under $100 but I was just buying crap. $50 it is now!

Klynn-whitlow
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:50 AM

In the past we have always gone to just one store, twice a month (on or just after pay day). Lately i have been trying to go closer to once a week, to shop the deals... and go to three or four different places.

SweetMsMills
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Usually once a week for the pantry "fillers" - bread, milk, eggs....once a month for big shopping, if that.

armywife1229
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I shop once a week, usually on Tuesdays (not sure why Tuesdays, just works out that way) and I go to the commissary. If I am out and about, I may do some pickups of stuff at Target or Walmart. 

I shop for what we need that week and thats it.

Fran-Fran
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I shop maybe once or twice a week. I go to the three stores not everytime but those are the stores I stick too. I won't buy groceries at Walmart anymore. I used to go there cause it was the cheapest but when my produce would go bad in a max of 2-4 days I switched to a locally owned store. It cost a little more but well worth it in the quality I am getting!

cljconsultant
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I go weekly and I go to winco,food 4 less, or walmart.

DJAKoala
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I do a big shopping at Costco monthly and local grocery store two times a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)