Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Family Piggy Bank The Family Piggy Bank

Hello All... Need Help with a budget

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

SO my husband and I have both been working and make pretty good money for our area, but yet we are still struggling to make ends meet. I have lined out a budget so many times but still finding that we cannot get anything into savings. So i was hoping for some help.

we can guarntee 3000.00 monthly

House Payment 800.00

Cell Phone 200.00

Insurance115

daycare 300.00

Energy 150

student loans 150

banfield 25.00

life insurance 30.00

truck payment 236.00

I try to spend 50-75 a week on groceries and general stuff diapers etc, Any helo would be greatly appreciated, I know the cell phone is really hi but I am footing the bill for my parents as well. This is how I am paying them back the money i owe them... :) I am just so lost in the whole budget thing. Here is the other thing I get paid weekly and he gets paid byweekly.

by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddies_mom101
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

I would  make a bi weekly budget..... what  will be paid the first pay of the month and what to pay on the second payday when you have that set  with groceries and all  then  figure out what you feel comfortable placing in saving something thats not going to strap you tight.    so once  you go to  pay your bill before you even start anything take the extra   and put it in the saving so that its not even in the picture when you pay the bills ....out of sight out of mind  kinda thing

yasbobari
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM

okay so you have $3000 ...minus all your bills you stated that leaves you with 

$994 

im going to go with the higher end for groceries so $75 x 4 = 300

that leaves with you $664 total....you also have to account for gas now im going to take $100 out per week for gas this number can be higher or lower depending on how many vehicles you guys have/gas prices for your area

so that leaves you with a grand total of $264 for the month.....

NOW...since you said that he gets paid twice a month and you get paid once a  month...i would make sure all the higher bills are paid when your DH gets paid so that you guys will have more money to disperse....can you post how much per week you guys would get paid? 

mobe0623
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I get paid 413.00 every week after taxes and he gets about 700.00 (in there somewhere it varies but to make it easy.)

thenguyenclan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM

okay so you get the $1100 first (his income plus yours) and you would pay off the bills that have the highest amount....now the first bill is mortgage...

that leaves you with $300 left over .....i would also pay groceries and whatnot to get you by until the next week comes and you get paid again

then with whatever left over from that week's paycheck and the incoming week's income pay off some bills...smallest ones first since well you dont get paid as much as your hubby does...i would pay off the student loan, banfield and life insurance...then get groceries again

then with the 3rd week pay off the rest of the bigger bills...like the daycare, cell phone, insurance, and energy

last paycheck can be the car payment....

now this is just a rough budget...you can tweak where you see fit you know??

sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM

awesome and this sounds good.

Quoting thenguyenclan:

okay so you get the $1100 first (his income plus yours) and you would pay off the bills that have the highest amount....now the first bill is mortgage...

that leaves you with $300 left over .....i would also pay groceries and whatnot to get you by until the next week comes and you get paid again

then with whatever left over from that week's paycheck and the incoming week's income pay off some bills...smallest ones first since well you dont get paid as much as your hubby does...i would pay off the student loan, banfield and life insurance...then get groceries again

then with the 3rd week pay off the rest of the bigger bills...like the daycare, cell phone, insurance, and energy

usmclife58
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Bump

Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM

BUMP

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM

I agree with this but I would consider cutting down the cellphone plan!

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

awesome and this sounds good.

Quoting thenguyenclan:

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)