Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Your Best New Travel Accessory That Doesn’t Hog Any Suitcase Space

Posted by   + Show Post

Vacation, all I ever wanted! Vacation, had to get away! Whenever that song by The Go-Gos comes on, it always gets stuck in my head (the medical term for that is having an earworm, by the way). When you are planning your vacation and it involves flying, the first thing you do is snag your plane tickets. Yup, you book your flight and then select where you are going to stay...and start the countdown to sitting poolside with a fruity drink. Then you check on your flight maybe a week or two before you leave--and the price on that flight has dropped. 

You may feel you are stuck (just like that song sticks in your brain) paying the higher price. Then you are stuck wondering the whole plane ride which of your fellow passengers got a better deal. But you aren't stuck! Check out this great travel website called Yapta.com. 

Yapta can help you two ways. Before you book your flight, you can enter in the destination, when you want to go, all of the other info. They will track the prices for you and let you know when the prices are going down, so you can get the best deal. Then, once you have bought your tickets, the site will monitor the price and let you know if the prices ever drop. 

For example, JetBlue offers a price adjustment not matter how much a price drops. AirTran will give you a refund if it drops more than $75, and most of the big airlines like American and Delta will give you cash back if it drops more than $150. But instead of you checking every day until your vacation, Yapta does it for you and sends you emails when the price changes. They even help you get your refund if you qualify for one. They also track hotel prices and give you some info on great deals...all for free. 

Pretty nifty, huh? Forget the folding hair dryer, forget the mini tubes of toothpaste, Yapta is one of the best travel accessories I have found. I mean, hello, it helps save you money when you are planning your vacation. And, as we all know, vacations are a major expense, so any little bit of help for the Family Piggy Bank the better!

Do you have a great vacation money tip?

by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-47):
thenguyenclan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Bring as much of your own food as you can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Try to plan your vacation in off peak times
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Jun. 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenguyenclan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2011 at 9:34 PM

try bringing your own food if you can 

alayna04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:35 AM

lots of great tips here, thanks cause I would love to take a vacation

sdgd21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Sweeet! my tip is if you are on a road trip, cereal! lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN