Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Work from home or away from home?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 5:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

If you could work at home would you?

and why?

and .. do you work from home or away from home?

by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I use to think working from home would be ideal. I mean you conserve gas and you don't need a sitter.

Then I spent a few years as a SAHM.. and then thought.. you know I think I wouldn't mind just getting a nice job with a few hours away from home. I like getting out of the house for a few hours and not having to much stress in the work place. It's a pretty easy job and I do alot of laughing.. lol sometimes I call it my vacation..lol

But seriously... if I could work more hours I might work from home. I just know it would be hard with having to be a mom and do work.. and get it all done together.. unless school was in session..

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I'm a SAHM,but I do a few things on the side that require me to go to businesses or other peoples homes some days.

AmeliasMommy206
by Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM

That's a tricky one.  I guess it would depend on the job.  Part of why it would be nice to work from home would be to save on daycare expenses but you can't really work and properly take care of a 3 year old so it would be hard.  I like the interaction with other people by going to work each day.  Then again, I would love to be able to do my work sitting in my pj's.

Honest to goodness work from home jobs are so hard to find, I guess I'll just hang on doing what I do!

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 1:48 PM

I don't know, I think when you have little ones working at home isn't as easy as it sounds.

bramamber
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:10 PM
I agree. I think it would be hard to do.

Quoting LOswald0314:

I don't know, I think when you have little ones working at home isn't as easy as it sounds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn660
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM

i want to work at home i want to work at home hopefully ican soon

Maddies_mom101
by on Jun. 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM

my SIL works at home and it looks apealling at times but I don't have the disapline

babowes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM

AT HOME FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!  In my pjs!  Now expensive clothes, no gas in the car, no whiney people!

babowes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM

YES this would be hard......I would need a nanny!

Quoting bramamber:

I agree. I think it would be hard to do.

Quoting LOswald0314:

armywife1229
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM

If I could work part time at home and part time out of the home I would be thrilled. But until I can find a job that I like that does that, I'm a SAHM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)