Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you put money aside each month for big vehilce repairs/titleing/registraiton, etc?

How do you designate exactly what its for? 

by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM

we don't really call it that but we put away as emergency fund. 

emilygiuffre
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Well ways that I save money is to learn how to change the oil in the car. Especially if you use a great oil like Royal Purple which is so good you need to change the oil sooooo less often :-) (was that gramatically correct? lol)

Charli627
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM
No cause we haven't had enough lately to put money aside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Not really.  We have newer vehicles and car payments. 

MooreMom523
by on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:11 PM
After having to use our back up emergency fund several times to fix our car (and my dad's once when he drove up to visit) we started setting aside $50 each month towards vehicle repairs. It is SO HARD to do when you see that number growing and growing and you think of all the things you could spend it on. However when my brakes went out on my trucks and I need all new drums and brake system ...and I walked in .. paid the several hundred dollars in cash..and never had to panic in the slightest it FELT GREAT! Our car registration we estimate...divide by 12 and save up for until the registration comes due.
aneela
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 9:41 PM

no...we dont. :-(

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 3:09 PM

No. We don't have money to set aside at the moment.

nickysmom71
by Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 4:22 PM

My So brings his car to the dealership to get routine maintenance.....purrs like a kitten...lol.....the only major thing he ever did  was get new tires because the other ones were going bald....and Costco had a great deal on tires.....We have a 2007 Altima Hybrid....the payments will be ending this coming March....that'll save us $475.00 a month!!!!  After that, then we will have to put aside money for routine maintence or repairs.....

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM

No we try to keep an emergency cushion of money as much as we can for unforeseen issues to do with whatever.

Dannille33
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:04 PM
No but we need to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)