Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothing shopping for school..

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM
  • 13 Replies
Where do you find the best buys?

And how do your kids/ teens feel about clearance clothes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I find the best buys at Old Navy and through resale shops.  My kids don't complain about the clearance racks.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM

My kids are 4 and 6 and don't really care where I get there clothes.  I buy most of their clothes at Target, Old Navy and Children's Place. They have no idea when they are clearance clothes and don't care about name brand clothing yet!

mumsy2three
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM

For my sons I find the best buys at The Children's place. For my dd I find them at Kohls. She likes Pacsun. 

I won't buy clothing unless it's on sale or clearance. She's fine with that and my sons don't care. My dd bought herself a tank top on clearance a few weeks ago and was very proud that she only paid $2.99 for it. I taught her well, lol!

Sijai
by Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I AM a DEAL shopper and proud of it! I get discounts at Kohl's for as much as 30% off. Also, Target has some great deals on line. I just purchased most of my grandson's school uniforms on line at Target. It's 110 plus here and I am disabled, I can't just go shopping at a whim, I looked through ads and see if the deal is there.

I also help my other grands who live in AR and MN and another that lives 14 miles from here. I buy the expensive track shoes, tennis shoes for the grandson with pronated and extremly flat feet. If I didn't shop on a deal, no one would be getting these needed extras.

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM

For my kids I find the best buys at Marshall's,Burlington Coat Factory,& JCPenney.I shop all over,but these places in particular is where I get good deals on quality things that last and by them being older and my son especially so rugged,I don't have to re buy often.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I think Marshalls and Ross have great deals on clothes but my older 2 only shop at Hollister, American Eagle and A & F....I try to get things there when they are on clearance or on sale only.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM

My youngest son wears clothes from the Gap and Childrens Place and Aeropostale and I always get great deals there!

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

My youngest son wears clothes from the Gap and Childrens Place and Aeropostale and I always get great deals there!

My twins(14) love "Aeropostale".

sweetsurprise13
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

i buy everyones clothes from clearance racks or on sale at alot of places. hubby loves to brag about how much I save!  I hope ds will feel the same way. He already knows about coupons!  I think as long as you look around you can find almost anything for a good deal and clothes are things people sometimes miss. I love going to macy's clearance racks! and most stores give out percent off coupons or savings passes. I love a great deal and love shopping for them!  

I shop around but usually go to target, walmart, kmart, jcpenny, sears, macys, old navy, marshalls, tjmaxx, and ross. Those are my main places but I shop everywhere!

singlemomof2nok
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I hit clearance racks wherever I go, my kids don't mind

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)