Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your mortgage/rent terribly high?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you struggle to pay it or is it something you can easily afford?

Our mortgage is  around $1100 and I hate it! Everytime I pay it I just want to cry!

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Ours is very affordable. It's not really a mortgage because our home was left to us by my hubby's grandfather but we got a home equity loan a few years back to take care of some repairs in the house. We pay $332/month.

jteffs
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM

We pay rent...our apartment was the right size until my daughter came along (we were pregnant when we moved in) and now it is just wayyyy too small, so it kills me to write the check for $960 every month for an apartment that's just not right for us anymore.

connorsmom2009
by Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM

No we struggle to pay it because my husband is the only one working right now because i'm pregnant right now and because of difficulties with my pregnancy i had to quit my job. Our rent is 580.78 for a two bedroom apartment and it's 900 SQ feet.

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Ours is very affordable. It's not really a mortgage because our home was left to us by my hubby's grandfather but we got a home equity loan a few years back to take care of some repairs in the house. We pay $332/month.

Wowwwwwwww!  Awesome,what a blessing!

sheri305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Our is $1,000 even.Its somewhat affordable for us(and I still hate to pay it to,lol),but we still have to stick to our budget,Kwim.We have a little breathing room after bills,but we could stand to have a lot more.And man,4 weeks come around so fast! It always feel like "you just paid it".

alayna04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM

no

michiganmom2011
by Member on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Ours was 1,024 with escrow but now its down to 999.07 and we struggle.

mumsy2three
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting mumsy2three:

Wowwwwwwww!  Awesome,what a blessing!

We totally lucked out. I really love this house because it was built by my husband's grandfather in 1950, my husband's mom grew up in it, my husband spent most of his youth here so it has tons of sentimental value. It needs some cosmetic work but it's such a cute little house.

Joeygoat
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 8:37 PM

After my divorce, I had my dexh pay me my portion of the equity in our marital home.  The payments on that McMansion were over $1,200 a month.  I knew I could not keep up those payments and rear two children, even with alimony, child support and my job.  I purchased my humble cracker box for $29,000.  I no longer have payments, but taxes and my insurance(s) policies, I have several, make my 'payments' $256 per month.   I purchased a very small home, in case I lost my job, or the child support and/or alimony ever stopped.  Both have stopped at various times, but with the full mortgage payment, I was able to make it on one or the other.  It was difficult going from a 3000 sq ft home to a 1100 sq ft home, but it has been an adventure and we have had some great times here. 

This is what $29,000 will buy.  It is currently valued at approximately $130,000.00.  We have lived here for 22 years. 

LivinDeadGurl
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM

For our area, I think our place is very affordable. Most places of this size go for around $1000 a month and we pay $800.

We do plan on moving once our lease here is up though and are estimating to pay around $1100.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)